iv. Nightwing

At seven o'clock sharp, Reagan and Tim arrived at Bludhaven Shipyard, sneaking through a hole in the chainlink fence surrounding the desolate landmark. The duo slowly made their way to the center of the shipyard, hiding behind a large, red metal shipping container. There was a group of ten men already standing in the center of the clearing, sharing a smoke and laughing. Reagan observed who she assumed was their leader, a scrawny man with a shaved head and neck tattoos, as he stood stoic among his subordinates. A large, muscular man stood close by, and Reagan felt a wavering sense of dread and uncertainty come over her.

"Reag, you okay?" Tim whispered. Reagan nodded, sliding to the ground against the container and pulling the mask out of her pocket before placing it over her eyes. She looked at Tim for approval, and he nodded.

"Looks good. So, what's the plan?" He questioned. Reagan peered back over at the group of men and weighed their options.

"Well, there's ten of them and two of us, three when Dick gets here. We can either go in guns blazing now and hope they don't have actual guns, or we can wait for Dick to get here," she suggested. Tim sat silently, his mind wracking for a solution.

"I don't have a weapon, that's the only problem," he lamented. Reagan paused and slowly unzipped her backpack, pulling out the collapsible staffs that she had packed the night before. She handed one to Tim and he took it with shaky hands and the hint of a smile on his face.

"Is this-" He asked. Reagan shushed him and turned back to the group of men, who were reacting to the roar of a motorcycle. Reagan suppressed the bile rising in her throat as she heard the familiar roar of Dick's motorcycle coming closer, and she turned to Tim with a panicked look in her eyes.

"It's Nightwing! Get him!" The leader ordered. Reagan peered out from the corner of the container as her brother's familiar black and blue suit came into view. He swiftly kicked the closest of the gang members in the face, and without warning, Reagan jumped up and threw a Batarang at the head of the leader. Nightwing looked at her, bewildered, but kept throwing punches at the gang members coming near him.

Reagan and Dick heard Tim let out a battle cry as he charged into the fray, holding the staff with both hands and swinging wildly. Reagan dodged the staff, colliding with the fist of a gang member. Reagan's ears rang and she fell to the ground, rolling out of the way of another member's boot.

"Sparrow!" Tim panicked. Reagan jumped to her feet as Dick tackled the gang member that tried to step on her, beating him until he was barely moving. Reagan watched on in horror as the muscle of the gang charged at Dick.

"Dick!" Reagan called to him. She charged after the man that neared Dick, and began hitting him wildly with the staff. The man roared, grabbing Reagan and throwing her away from him where she landed on her back. The wind was knocked out of her, and she saw dark spots in her vision as the muscular henchman lumbered over to her. She slowly backed away, and soon she watched as Dick kicked the henchman in the head, incapacitating him. Reagan closed her eyes for a moment, hoping the nausea would soon go away, and the next thing she knew, Tim was holding out his hand to help her up.

"Easy, Reag, you're okay," he comforted. Reagan slowly rose to her feet, surveying the carnage around her. There were bodies everywhere, unconscious men laying around them.

"Where's Dick? Did we win?" She questioned. Tim shrugged, pointing behind her. Reagan turned around and watched as Dick strutted back to his motorcycle.

Her blood boiled. She turned and ran to him, Tim close behind her, and shoved him when she caught up.

Dick swiftly turned around and raised his fist to her, thinking it was another gang member. His expression changed from disdain to shock. He didn't expect her to be able to get up after the hits she took. He had told her friend, the one who called her Sparrow, to wait with her while he went to get her some help. She had a bruise forming on her brow, and he could tell his stubborn adopted sister was fighting to prove that she wasn't in pain.

"Reagan," he greeted coldly. She was so much older now, and he could see the years of resentment in his sister's green eyes. In all reality, he was glad to see her, to see that she was still fighting despite the curveball life had thrown at her. But he had an overbearing feeling of responsibility to keep her safe. And in his mind, he had failed.

"Dick," Reagan responded. The yearning to hug him was strong, but she stubbornly fought it, using every fiber of her being to stay as angry with him as possible. The resentment she had held towards him for leaving was even stronger now that she was standing in front of him.

"I can't tell if you were calling him a dick or not," Tim interrupted, breaking the tension. Reagan and Dick turned to glare at him, and Tim shut up and looked to the ground in embarrassment.

"What the hell are you doing here? Who's this?" Dick asked, pointing to Tim. Tim opened his mouth, but Reagan held her hand up to keep him quiet.

"His name is Tim Drake. We need to talk to you about Dad," Reagan answered coldly. Dick looked from Tim to Reagan, trying to process what the hell Reagan was going on about.

"You came all this way just to talk to me about Bruce? You couldn't have just called me? Does he even know you're here?" Dick interrogated. Reagan rolled her eyes and crossed her arms over her chest. They didn't have time for this. They needed to get back to Gotham before Bruce found out the truth of their whereabouts.

"No, he doesn't know where I am. And it's not like you would've answered me if I called you anyway," Reagan spat. Dick and Tim looked at each other, speechless. Neither of them had seen Reagan so pissed off. It was unsettling, to say the least. The silence was cut short by the sound of police sirens and flashing lights

"Hey, guys, I hate to break up the family reunion, but the cops are coming," Tim informed. Reagan nodded and began walking past Dick towards the gate, Tim following hesitantly and leaving Dick alone.

"Hey, where are you going?" Dick called to them. Reagan stopped and turned around, glaring at him as tears threatened to spill.

"We need to get home. There's no point in trying to talk to you anyway," Reagan said coldly. Tim looked at her, bewildered.

"We did not come all this way for nothing, Reagan," Tim scolded. Reagan rolled her eyes as Dick got on his motorcycle and rode over to them, stopping in front of the duo.

"Get on. I'll get you guys food and take you to the bus stop, but we have to hurry," he instructed. Tim and Reagan looked at each other before climbing onto the bike, Reagan behind Dick and Tim behind Reagan. The motorcycle roared, and Reagan found herself holding on tight to Dick as they drove away just in time to miss the cops enter the shipyard.