Start

It's been a few days since the incident of Caitlyn and her stepmother, but those words still hang on to her heart, making it feel heavy. Today is Caitlyn's first day of junior year, Caitlyn feels mixed emotions of both excitement and anxiety. There is a constant tingly sensation in her stomach which makes Caitlyn slightly nauseous. 

Caitlyn doesn't bother to look at herself in the mirror and heads down straight to the porch, avoiding interactions with her stepmother as much as possible. Despite being the first day of school, Caitlyn's bag is already hanging low on her shoulders, filled with books each two to three inches thick. Caitlyn fiddles her fingers around as she is attending a new highschool this year.

The bus arrives slowly in front of Caitlyn's house, the car doors opening. The bus driver greets Caitlyn with bright smile and welcomes her in. Caitlyn looks around for an empty spot and sees one at the back of the bus. Caitlyn sits on the cold leather seat and rests her head on the window, watching the houses rush pass her eyes. Caitlyn closes her eyes, fantasizing what her junior year is going to be like. 

The bus halts in front of the school and Caitlyn hops off the steps. Caitlyn lifts her eyes as she takes a look at the towering building. The sunlight reflects off the tinted glass, burning Caitlyn's eyes. Caitlyn makes her way between the shuffling students and into the school building.