Inside School

Caitlyn walks slowly into the school with her heavy bag clutching onto her shoulder.  Caitlyn takes in every detail of the new school, from the grayish colors of the lockers to the tinted windows of the doors. There is a distant humming coming from the air conditioner at the end of the hallway, adding fresh air to the stuffy hallway.

Caitlyn's thoughts are interrupted by a teacher's voice over the speakers.

"If you are new here, please proceed to the front office, room number 111," says the teacher's muffled voice.

There is quite a bit of shuffling and confusion as new students make their way around the sea of people. Caitlyn herself struggles to get between the crowd of people and backpacks. She scans each room label, searching for room 111. Caitlyn isn't surprised when she is met by a long line snaking from the office. 

Caitlyn drops her bag on the polished tiles, which lands with a thump. She looks around, noticing how different everything is from her old school. The lockers at her old school are an indigo blue, while the lockers here are covered in a layer of modern gray paint. The maroon paint that line the walls of her old school are replaced by streaks of royal blue and golden paint.

A few minutes later, Caitlyn is sitting in the blue, leather chair in front of a short, plump lady who Caitlyn guesses is the dean. The clip hanging over the dean's chest reads "Mrs. Barton". Mrs. Barton hands Caitlyn a slip of paper with her locker number and code. Caitlyn slumps her shoulders as she figures out that her locker is on the third floor.

Caitlyn nods a goodbye to the dean and heads to the staircase, which is much clearer by now as most students have made their way to their lockers. Caitlyn climbs quickly up the stairs to the third floor, heaving her backpack up along with her. Caitlyn wipes off the sweat from her gleaming forehead and scans the lockers looking for the numbers 316. She finds the locker without much effort as it's located close to the stairwell.