Chapter 1

"Hey Len! Get up! We're here!"

Rin poked my face until I got up. I grumpily got up and out of the car. We had arrived at our new house. It was simple and generic, but it was pretty nice. I helped bring some boxes inside, then me and Rin began to investigate. We of course, immediately went to the attic, as we heard there was a balcony up there that we planned to claim. To our surprise, there was actually some things up here.

"How rude, they didn't even take everything. I guess we can sell it." Rin called as I started walking around.

"Eh, mostly looks like empty crates. Half of them are charred too." I slowly walked around, my hands trailing the crates and boxes as I explored the area. It was a good size, and could easily be turned into a bedroom. "Wanna help me move these to the balcony?" She nodded, and we brought each one out quickly.

Soon there was only one left, and it was the only one that we could tell had something inside. Out of curiosity, I opened the crate and took it out. It was just some vaguely-human-looking stuffed toy, but I found it cute and decided to to leave it on the window while we cleaned up the room and brought our things up. By the end of the day, it was a completely normal bedroom. I grabbed the toy and swept the dust off with my hand. It quickly looked good as new.

"Have fun with your toy then, I'm grabbing some food." Rin quickly excused herself to the kitchen, leaving me alone with the toy.

"What are you even supposed to be?" I mumbled to myself. I was not expecting to receive a response.

"Well that's rude, I'd say it looks just like you." A voice came from somewhere in the room, but I couldn't tell where. I jumped back and frantically looked around.

"Wha-what the hell was that?" I suddenly locked onto two bright red eyes across the room, but as soon as I saw them, they disappeared, replaced with Rin's.

"What was what?" She tilted her head, sitting down by me. As she sat I heard someone chuckle, it obviously wasn't her. I shivered.

"Someone... I heard someone..." my breathing started to slow as I started to fall back into reality. I took a deep breath. "It must've just been me hearing things. That was terrifying. It sounded so close..." after I said that, I felt a cold hand touch my back. I quickly spun around to check, but still nothing.

"Dude, calm down."

"Y-yeah. I'm probably just anxious because of the new house. Its getting late, so I think I'll just head to bed."

=============

After I prepared myself for bed, Rin decided to do so as well, excusing herself to the shower. Leaving me alone once again. I looked around.

"Is-is someone there? Who the hell are you?" I whisper-yelled. Suddenly, the red eyes appeared in front of me, followed by the rest of a human body. It seemed to be a boy about my age with bright red hair and a long cream-colored jacket, his entire left side looked like it was covered in some sort of disease or burn. And his left eye was completely red, it felt like it was piercing through me. But interestingly, I noticed I could see through him. He grinned widely.

"Well hello there! The coward finally decided to face me! How rude, acting like I wasn't there. I'm truly in pain." He slapped a hand onto his chest, dramatically gasping. I furrowed my eyebrows in annoyance.

"You're the one who disappeared as soon as I noticed you!"

"Because your sister came back. I cant show myself when theres more than one person. Ghost rule."

"Ghosts have rules?"

"Yep. Anyway, I haven't introduced myself, how rude. The name's Fukase. Yours?" He had a kind smile on his face. I softened a little.

"L-Len Kagamine... so why are you here? And what's with the plushie?"

"Simple! I died, and that plushie is what keeps me in the mortal world! Every ghost has an object that connects them, and that plushie is mine! Don't lose him!" He winked.

"I see... so what do you want? You just gonna watch me now?"

"Yeah, pretty much. There's not much else I can do. I can't exactly-" he moved his hand through my chest, making me shiver. He felt like ice. "-do things. And you're the only person here that seems interesting at all."

"What about when I leave the house? Aren't you trapped here? Isn't that a ghost thing?"

"Yeah that's true, buuuuut-" he grabbed the plushie, then squeezed it, making it disappear. Then he held his hand out. "Gimme your hand. Don't worry, it won't hurt." I reluctantly took his hand. It was freezing cold. I was blinded by bright red for a moment. As soon as he let go, I grabbed my head. The light gave me headache.
"Ah shit- forgot about that part though. Sorry." I opened my eyes, then jumped back a little. He was no longer transparent, which made me notice just how brightly colored he was.

"Whoa! Wha-what was that?"

"We're connected now! Which meeeeeaaaaans-" he ruffled my hair "We can interact now! Have fun with your newfound power!" Interesting...

I slapped him.

"That's for freaking me out earlier you little shit. Fuck you." He smirked, clutching his cheek.

"I mean we can now if you want~"

I slapped him again.

"I admit, I deserved that." He chuckled. The awkward smile he gave was kinda cute... no. What the hell was that?

"Yes. You did." Right after I finished talking, Rin came back again and got into bed, but I noticed Fukase never disappeared. I raised an eyebrow to him as if to say 'Why didn't you disappear?'

"Now that we're connected, you can always see me. Someone would need to be touching you to be able to see and hear me. Anyway, shouldn't you be sleeping too?" He tilted his head, smirking. I complied, as I was getting pretty tired. As my eyes fell closed, I noticed Fukase in the corner of my eye, curled up on a chair like a cat.

Cute...

A/N
Sorry for the weird pacing. I'm really bad at writing first chapters. But I'm really excited to write more and see where the story goes.