chapter 2

“Hey! Where are you taking me?!” Chase yells as I pulled him deeper into the woods to the place that I Just knew he’d love and that it’ll make him happy. “You’ll see! You'll love it!” I yelled back. Why am I doing this? Because I have never sensed sadness so deep in my life. Chase was kind and he deserves to be happy instead of this deep sadness and depression. He was so broken on the inside. I just can’t help wanting to fix him back up.

      I can almost see the cliff from here. The cliff had the best view I’ve ever seen. I hope Chase likes it. “Woah… This is awesome!" He said with a smile on his face. When standing on the cliff you can see a beautiful meadow and look to its right and it’s a beautiful ocean coast. These places aren’t part of the woods so it’s safe and at night the coast is even more beautiful.

    “So, you like it? This is my favorite place in the woods. Well it’s the most dangerous at night but still” I said to chase as he stared at the view in awe. “Hell yeah. What is that place? I’ve never even seen pictures of it.” He asked me. “Nothing and no where this place doesn't exist anywhere and if you look at any map this place won’t be on it. You can’t even see it from an airplane, even less from a satellite. The only name it has is ’The Coast of Nowhere,’ I named it that.’’ I said as I stood next to him looking onto the beautiful view.

    We stood there for a few minutes before I had to pull him away back to his camping site. “Why can’t we stay there a little more?’’ Chase whined as I pulled him to the camping site. I laughed at him and we finally got to the site. “First of all your dad will worry about you and second of all you still need to go.” Chase’s smile dropped. “Why do you want us to leave so badly?’’ Chase asked me. I sighed and looked at him. His blue eyes were staring at me waiting for a response. “Because it’s dangerous and you’re so nice... I know you won’t understand but, please. You and your dad have to go before sundown. This place is deadly at night. You’re so and kind. I can tell that you’re a great guy who has been through a lot. I want you to be safe and happy. Please Chase… Listen to me and get out of here. It’s for your own good and your dad’s.” I tried to convince him. It looked like he didn't buy it. I hugged him then looked into his eyes and his eyes softened to mine. Chase hugged me back tighter and I let him hold my body as I rested against his. I let him do whatever he wanted to do with me in his arms. He held me tightly and buried his face in the crook of my neck.

    I let him hold me for a while until I heard the sounds of his dads footsteps approaching and I quickly kissed his cheek and ran away only to turn into my cat form and climb a tree to keep an eye on chase and his dad. “Hey son, went out for another walk while I was gone?” He asked. “Yeah...’’ Chase answered sadly. “What’s wrong?” His dad asked as he put the large pile of firewood on the ground and went over to his son.” Nothing dad, I’m fine. When are we leaving?” He asked him. His dad looked disappointed. “But we just got here. Why would you want to leave already?” Chase stepped away from the trees and looked toward the way I ran then towards his dad again. “I have a really bad feeling about this place. I don’t think we should be here…” He told him. I turned into my human form and sat on the branch of the tree and waited for his dad’s response. His dad sighed and put his hand on his son’s shoulder. “Don’t worry son, everything will be fine.” He smiled at chase reassuringly. So close...I quickly went inside one of the tents that had a pair of shoes a little bigger then mine and sat inside. This must be chase’s tent. It smells like him. I can still hear them outside.

    “I’m going inside my tent to rest a little. My feet hurt from my walk.” I heard chase say while his footsteps approach me. “Alright son, I’ll start a fire.” His dad responded to him. When chase saw me I put my finger on my lips motioning him to be quiet. He came inside and zipped the tent closed then laid down bringing me to his body and hugging me. I didn’t complain or flinch. I simply let him do what he wanted mostly because no I felt guilty and bad. I know what I have to do now. I’ll have to knock them out to get them out of here before sundown. Luckily I still have some hours. It’s still morning.