just calm down pretty -travis

thunderstorms have never been your thing. you could never under how some people found them relaxing. ever since you were little, you found yourself terrified when the local weather station reported a storm approaching. tonight was one of those nights. sure, you're older now, but your fear never seemed to vanish.

you were at the lunch club house, as they asked you to be in one of their videos. you guys had finished shooting a while ago, but ended up just hanging out with the guys. thats when carson spoke up.

"apparently there's supposed to be a huge thunderstorm tonight", he said while looking at his phone, "we should watch a movie or something, you know, for added affect."

noah suggested you guys watch a horror movie, to really amp up the spook factor. all the guys seemed to agree. you really didnt want to partake in that torture so you thought out loud

"actually guys i think im going to head home".

the guys immediately chimed in with a chorus of no's.

"are you crazy? the big storm is coming. you can stay the night here and thats final missy", ted exclaimed, acting as if he was your dad. even though his behavior was funny, you knew there was no use in arguing with the tall man. you dejectedly sat back on the couch, with travis and schlatt on either side of you. the guys decided on watching 'annabelle'.

the movie soon began, and it wasnt much later before the thunder and rain started as well. the movie hadn't reached its peak, but you were still feeling a little uneasy from the few jumpscares as well as the thought of the ever approaching thunderstorm. travis seemed to notice your discomfort and leaned over your way as he whispered in your ear, "hey, you doing alright?"

you turned to face the curly haired boy, and could only nod at him. his face showed worry, but you didnt want to seem coy infront of your friends

despite your response, travis still scooted closer you and covered you with the fluffy black throw blanket he had somehow acquired. at first you were surprised by the boys action, but decided it was rather comforting.

that comfort didn't last for long when there was another huge jumpscare. it didnt help that schlatt screamed right next to you, frightening you even more. as you tried to steady your breathing, there was a huge clash of thunder and you were pushed past your limits. you suddenly stood up and panickedly stated "im going to go lie down" before running up the stairs to the room you always stay in.

as you covered yourself in the comforter, and tried to drown out the sound of the raging storm outside, you heard the door creak open. you didn't dare reveal yourself in fear that you would be greeted by the face of a possessed babydoll. as you shivered from fear under the blankets, you heard a familiar voice.

"you said you felt okay", travis's voice instantly calmed a bit of your fear, now knowing annabelle wasn't going to be the cause of your death tonight. you stayed silent as the storm carrying on outside still was a problem. "y/n? did the movie really scare you that badly? we could've watched something else, pretty"

hearing that cheesy nickname travis gave you made you feel at least comfortable enough to meet his eyes. you uncovered your head and sadly looked into his eyes.

"it wasnt just the movie. everything was just too much", you say with your throat starting to tighten as you felt tears threaten to spill.

"what do you mean, y/n?"

"just, the scary movie, its late at night, schlatt screamed, and the storm too", you trailed off at the end, embarrassed by your childlike fear

"the storm? the storm really bugged you that much?"

"no! i uh just, with the-", right as you tried to cover your tracks, there was a huge crash of thunder and the room was lightened for a split second by the lightening that accompanied it.

you screeched before diving back under the covers, your teary eyes finally filling to the brim. travis remained silent for a few seconds, the only sounds heard being the storm outside and your heavy breathing.

"y/n are you afraid of storms?" travis asked innocently

"yes, okay. i'm afraid of storms", you spilled before travis pulled the blanket away from your face and climbed in next to you.

travis pulled you close before turning the tv on to whatever channel was last playing, allowing the background noise to distract you from the sounds of rain and thunder.

"just calm down, pretty", travis said while gently cupping your face and playing with your hair. you made eye contact with the wholesome boy for a few seconds without saying anything, travis looked back at you with adoration in his eyes.

"can i kiss you?" he asked shyly. you simply nodded as he left a quick peck on your lips, before he cuddled you closer. you somehow managed to completely forget about the storm outside and soon found yourself falling asleep in the arms of a great guy.

—————————
871 words
—————————
wow look at that, two stories in less than like 12 hours.

this was largely inspired by the fact that i am a baby who is terrified of lightening, rip

also anyone got some good Netflix recommendations? school is almost done for me so then imma need something to occupy my time :)

-rae