Part I

A/N: an AU of an AU. An AU of my fic You Keep Me Grounded ㅡ this fic is still sitting in my evernote. But the names in there are what I used in here. OhmFluke as MinSky and KaoEarth as KaiSpring.

Alright! To the story now!

---

"Brother, for my birthday, can we invite Sky?"

The serious and quiet atmosphere, inside a known studio in a strict and private part of the city, was broken by this question.

Min and his bandmates just stared at his sister, confusion marring their faces. They didn't even notice she was there in the first place. But because she is family, she is allowed to enter the building. They only stared at the person who is waiting for an answer from his brother, the guitarist.

"Why are you asking for him?"

"I'm his fan! Also that means, Spring Heart will come! A double treat!" was her direct response.

"A fan? Since when? Nevermind that. And so?" Ohm said, raising his brow but there's a glint in his eyes, "He is an actor and not a performer. What do you want him to do? Act on your birthday? While your brother, my dear Lavender, is a performer. I do live shows."

"But, brother! It's different if it's not them! I have a pla- I mean, Brother Kai, please!" Lavender changed her tactic, going to her brother's best friend for support.

"Lavender, this is not a small ma-"

Min started but stopped when Kai, their pianist, pat his shoulder and said, "Alright, I'll ask if they could attend"

The soon to be 20 years old Lavender, screamed and jumped excitedly, giving Kai a hug that she knows he deserves. But Min just looked at his friend, confusion clearly showing on his face.

As soon as Lavender left the studio of the 4-member band, 4STORM, Min asked Kai. "Are you sure about what you just promised her?"

"Yeah, Kai. You can't just say those things to Lavender without making it true." Boun, their bass guitarist and lead vocalist, said.

"Huh? But I just told Lavender that I'll ask if they could attend. I didn't say anything about a promise that they should attend." replied a confused Kai which made the other three defeatedly sigh.

"Dude, we've known each other since sophomore years! You should know by now that when it comes to Lavender, words must always be followed by actions." Their drummer, Off, helpfully said for Kai to understand their point.

"Oh. Then, I'll ask them now so I can give Lavender an update as early as today."

"Go ahead" Min replied, chuckling a little as he went back with Off and Boun to the task they have been doing before Lavender arrived, and that is, picking a set of song to perform for Lavender's birthday.

They all thought Kai's "I'll ask them" meant that he would go to SamPrem Studio to make an appointment with the actor. But Kai's "I'll ask them" was walking to the counter where they put their belongings and took his phone to call someone.

"Hey, Spring Heart" - was the only thing that they heard before Kai opened the glass door to continue talking to his phone, with a teasing smile plastered on his face.

"Wait, Kai knows the manager?" Boun asked, mouth open in shock. The other two just exchanged some glances before they looked back at Kai who is casually talking to his phone animatedly, a proof that he is close and comfortable with the person he is talking to.

------

"Who was that?" Sky asked Spring though he knows the answer to his question already. There is only one person in the whole world that Spring talks to like that, his childhood friend Kai. And knowing that it's Kai, makes him tremble in excitement.