Chapter 11

The first thing that came to my mind was how dizzy I felt. My mind was fogged and felt like cotton balls were stuck on every nerve. It was stuffy and a furnace was blazing inside my chest. My long tongue rolled out of my snout and pressed under the cool floor underneath me. A relived groan rumble through my hot body at the icy touch.

My eyes felt like lead and sealed themselves shut. I breathed in as much of the cold air as I could. It cooled my throat and blew some of the cotton balls away. I breathed in a few more times and each gulp of air clear the dizziness bit by bit.

Finally, with all the strength I could muster, I open my eyes to slits. I could tell it was dark, but that did not hinder my sight. I slowly lift my head and shifted my weary body into a sitting position. I flexed my muscles one by one, but my tail only lift a fraction before falling limp again.

I felt my ears and lips pull back in confusion.

What happened? I flicked my blurry eyes around me. I found that I was sitting on a tiled floor in some type of glass cage. Cage.

I reeled back with a yelp as a plethora of memories flashed inside my minds eye. In my startled haste my body flinched up at the speed of light and a sharp sting stabbed my lower back. I let out a pained whimper and quickly dropped to a cold floor again.

My eyes flicked across the large glass cage. My breathing quickened and panic settled into my stomach. I felt a wheeze squeeze through my throat in my angst. I hastily caught myself and steadied my breathing.

When I finally calmed myself down, I properly examined the cage. My cage. I quickly shoved the thought away.

I was in the middle on a tile-like floor. On the far right of me was a large pile of a strange looking fabric. On the far left against a dark wall were two large bowls. I carefully made my way over and peeked into the bowls. One was filled to the brim with water and the other had one small slice of meat.

I barely ate half of the meat before nausea grew in my gut. I grimaced and moved onto the water. It had a mildly sour smell, but my fogged mind barely registered it and I gulped in down. After I satisfied my parched throat, the fog seemed to have increased and the cotton has returned.

I barely curled onto the pile of soft fabric before I fell asleep.

* * *

When I next awoke I was much calmer and aware than before. I lazily blinked my eyes and they slowly cleared and revealed my cage. It was much lighter but still dim. I looked around and studied the place more closely.

There was a light cover over the glass and blocked my view from anything outside. The cage was four times my length and two times in width. Overall it was spacious, but still made me uneasy. A cage in a cage no matter the size.

The covering did nothing to sate my anxiety and curiosity. I couldn't see where I was or what was happening, but at the same time things outside couldn't see me.

Unless there were cameras.

I quickly swiveled my head around, but nothing looked like anything that might resemble a camera.

My stomach clenched and growled lowly. I blew air our from my nose. A hungry Kaydenstrid was a force to be reckoned with. I looked over to the bowls and lumbered towards them. I blinked in surprise when I found that they were refilled, well the water was, the other one still had the other half of the meat from my first awakening.

My tail that was dragging on the ground flicked in annoyance. I was hungry and that's all I get? Sheesh! What a rude way to treat a guest. I huffed and quickly ate the piece of meat and drained the water bowl.

The liquid still smelled and tasted weird and it made me realize too late that it was drugged. It irked me to no end, but at least it helped settle my hunger. It wouldn't last long though.

I made it back to the odd soft fabric before the fog returned and hung heavily on my conscious.

* * *

I yawned loudly when I came to. I was comfortably warm and snuggled deeper into the soft fabrics. I somehow managed to create a makeshift den and wrapped myself in the soft fabrics. It brushed along my fur pleasantly and I felt my body rumble in almost silent purrs.

I allowed myself to relaxed even more and dozed off in the intoxicating warmth. My mind was still fuzzy from the drugged water, but only when a few dew drops remained did I allow myself to fully awake.

I yawned once again and crawled out of my fabric den. I bent down and stretched like a cat, but a sting of pain made me freeze and carefully moved so that I was standing. I lightly shook my entire body before opening my eyes.

My gaze fell onto deep dark orbs of a Kymari.

'Oh snickers.'

Never mind.

Online classes suck, I'm so over it.

Hey guys I hoped you enjoyed this chapter! I spent a bit more time and effort on this chapter since I realized I made quiet a bit of grammatical errors in the previous chapter. All should be fine now, but feel free to correct me on any mistakes!

Until next time, stay safe lads!