Chapter 19

So its been over a month since I've last updated and here are some uneccecary reasons why:

1. Boku no Hero Acadamia

2. The orion experience- the cult of dionysus and sugar

3. School

4. Me

5. Art is freaking bomb (I made it a point not to swear in this book)

6. Sleep is good

Ok, I'm back now that most things have settled. Carry on.

I blinked away the light haze of sleep when I heard the footsteps of Kaieke approaching. My back arched high into the sky as I streched, a loud yawn slipping from my snout.

Its been two days since Kaieke first touched me and I have been growing comfortable with him. Every second we spent time together made my body rumble and tail flick happily.

A deep purr vibrated through my chest when the tall alien's hand pressed onto my head. He curled his fingers to scratch at the short fur which sent tingles down my spine. My tongue rolled out to lightly lap at his arm. He chuckled and brought up his free hand to scratch at my cheek.

I happily leaned into it and barely noticed when he slipped to my side. The alien's hand left my head to lightly brush across my shoulder.

I froze.

I glanced back at Kaieke and saw that he was carefully observing my body language. My tail flicked nervously as he steadied his hands on my wither, not moving his fingers. This was the first time he touched another place other than my head and neck.

I did not know why I was so nervous. I knew technically that he had a lesser chance of harming me when he stood by my shoulder than by my neck, but for some reason my nerves spiked. It felt...important.

I blinked slowly at him as his soft, padded palm rubbed small circles into the short fur. It was diffirent from being pet on the head and neck. It didn't make my spine tingle, but rather soothed my instincts.

I relaxed my tense posture as he threaded his hands into the black and red-brown strands. I turned my head and gently bumped my snout into his side. The entre time he was watching me and my reaction with striking intesity.

I already knew he was going to record what's happening right now. He has been studied and documenting my behaviours. It should bother, i knew. But it really just didn't.

I blinked slowly at him as he firmly pat my wither and started to slowly drag his hand down my back and rested it on my hip. The amount of trust he was putting in me right then was astounding. He was so so so so soooo close to my back legs. Kaieke wasnt wearing armor, but even with it he would not be able to survive one of my powerful kicks. He saw what I did to that glaas and door back in the lab.

Yet there he was, petting my hip without a care.

The large alien stepped back a bit and stood a little behind me, still in arms length. I was about to turn and face him, but he placed a hand on the back of my hips, right above my tail, and firmly pushed.

I let out a startled squeak and stepped a few feet forwards. I whipped my head around to stare at him appalled. His curious but somewhat... smug expression threw me off. For what ever reason, I felt compelled to move when he stood anywhere close to my hips.

My ears flattened as he stepped towards me and tapped the same spot as before. My large ears flicked up and I circled away from his hand to face him. I was already confused enough as it was with him standing behind me, but what was he trying to do?

Kaieke sighed loudly and rubbed at his face. "This is going to be dificult." He murmured quietly. My ears strained onto him and he blinked at me.

It was the first time I heard him spoke since two days ago. His voice was smooth and deep, a rumble in his chest. His ears flicked and his antenna twitched. I tilted my head at him as my tounge darted out to lick at my cold nose.

An amused smiled slipped onto his face. "What is it?" He asked and slightly tipped his head similar to mine. I couldn't stop the curious bird-like chirp from escaping my snout and titled me head in the other direction even further than before.

He chuckled and my head tilted again. "It would seem that you react better to sounds than expected. " Huh? Well yeah, we love sociallising through chirps and whistles.

Kaieke studied me for a few seconds and tilted his head to resemble it when I was curious. He deribately flicked his own fairy ears to face me. My tail curled in surprise, because now it looked like he was curious. He was talking to me through the use of his body by mimicing what I do. I kind of felt like he was a pup learning by watching and coping what his parents did.

He kept up the body language, but furrowed his brow in consentration. He pulled his lips tight and a strange sound rumbled from his chest.

Was he...was he trying to mimic my crooning?

I couldnt help the amused snort. So he was trying to comunicate with me better. News flash, I can understand you. Still, an instinct I havent felt in a while stirred.

I'm going to teach him.

I needed him to pay attetion to me. I need to make him understand what I was trying to do. I raised my head and flicked my tail to my side, catching his attention. His brows relaxed and he focused onto me. Great.

I shook out my fur. We'll need to start easy. I pricked my ears and placed my front paws and back paws together. My tail pressed into my back legs but the eand curled and flick in a friendly motion. I took a deep breath before I bobbed my head with a long, high and soft whistle.

A friendly greeting.

I held the pose and tilted my head expectantly at the alien. He looked almost bewildered at me, before his eyes widened. His jaw was about to drop before he caught himself and straightened himself.

He studied my posture, before he pressed his feet together and settled his hands lightly on his thighs. He flicking his ears to me, before he pursed his lips and whistled at me with a nod of his head.

I felt myself grin.

He was a bit tense, his shoulders a bit forward. The whistle slightly to sharp and short, but...but that was definitely a greeting. I bark happily at him and my tail wag at his accomplishment.

Kaieke looked startled, but he quickly relaxed and laughed softly along with my bark. I lightly bumped into his chest and he pet my head.

I glanced up at him and found his eyes. They were dark and soft. "You are so much more intelligent than we first expected."

Something small shifted.

And it was good.