Tommy Shelby🥃 -Funny Girl

This imagine is basically just this scene from Funny Girl. With the lovely and talented Barbara Streisand. The quality is a bit better if you watch it without zooming in or opening it. I've also given the signal for when to start it so you know what's going on and I'm not gonna give any descriptions while the songs playing; just the lyrics cause I'm lazy like that. This chapters too long for me anyway.

Apologising beforehand for any cringey moments but this is literally just what Fanny Bryce would say or do. This is a long one so hold onto your hats, you're about to get pounded.

~
Since a very young age, your dream had been to make it big. Share your talents. Be the greatest star, like you already were.

They just didn't know it yet.

After years of saving through your teen years, you had made enough to find a rundown old London apartment complex. Since the war had finished, not that many years ago, most of the buildings in the area had been damaged so prices were lower than ever letting you just slip in slightly above the margin. But you didn't care about accommodation, that's not why you were there; you were there to audition and to make it big. Somehow. You didn't think it would be that tough, till you met Eddie. Eddie was your American friend who got you your first job in the city. You'd met him in the neighbourhood where you grew up but when he moved to London, with his family during your childhood, you saw it as a chance to reconnect. He managed to get you your apartment opposite his own, granted his apartment was on the more classy side. His side of the street had escaped any bombings. But when you met, the two of you had talked about your dream and his job in a type of club in the city. Eddie mentioned that he was kind of in charge of entertainment for the nights and he was rehearsing a little dance with a group of girls tonight for tomorrow's show. Also included, was the part where he mentioned one of the girls had dropped out so he was on the lookout for a replacement. He wasn't exactly offering but at this stage you wouldn't miss the opportunity to get some recognition.

"Hey, you should definitely let me do it!" He looked up at you as if to 'sure. I'd love to see that.'  Standing up to look down at him, you continued. "No seriously ! Eddie I can do it, I promise." Looking at you with squinted eyes, he answered. "Look doll, it's not that. It's my boss. I don't know if he'd like me getting some random lady that walked in off the street. I mean... and I mean no offence with this but you're not exactly....sexy." You gave him a look that showed you did take offence, and rightly so. "I'm sorry, kiddo. You're body it's just... not shapely compared to these other women. You'll stick out like a sore thumb. And did I mention that's not a good thing. You just don't fit the bill." As he continued his drink slightly sullen, you clung to his arm frantically. "I can be sexy ! Honest ! Sexy's like a second nature to me." He looked at you unconvinced. If you were any thing like that kid from the Bronx then there was no talking you out of this. "Can you dance?" Letting go, you scoffed with a non-chalant confidence. Repeating in a mocking tone."Can I dance."
~

Dear god!

Since when did dancing become so complicated. The group of girls around you seemed to be gliding across the stage as you practically flounced. Eddie was right. You stuck out like a sore thumb, wether it was you were just underdeveloped in comparison to these girls or you were just characteristically scrawny. Well growing up in New York didn't really do you any favours except for your accent (which you kind of loved.)

Either way, you were just lucky no one had called you out on your mess of a performance. Every time you circled the stage you would run past Eddie at the piano only to see his look of dread and hear the occasional direction.