XVII

Previously:

Y/N's eyes finally opened. This moment, like the first time she was at a hospital, she saw Present Mic.

***

At the Yamada residence...

Y/N sat in her room, thinking over what had recently just happened at USJ. Thinking about how she could have made things better. About what she could have done instead of what actually happened. 

She kept overthinking the situation and doubted her and her skills. Even with the 'new' quirk she manifested, she couldn't help but feel terrified and useless. The girl often thought about how others viewed her. Too often.

'Did they think I was reckless? Was I too reckless? Was I seen as useless? I helped heal Midoriya, but what about the others? Do--'

Her negative thoughts were cut off as her father opened the door. His silky blonde hair falling over his shoulders. "Dinners' ready." He said. His voice was stern but soft. 

The younger Yamada nodded saying nothing in response. 

Dinner that night was surprisingly quiet, as the two Yamada's would usually talk about many things. The atmosphere felt heavy. It was quite awkward...

The next day

"Hey, did you watch the news last night?" An invisible gal asked the classmates closest to her.
"Yeah." Ojiro nodded.

"Did you see how everyone in class was on-screen for a second? I didn't stand out at all..." Hagakure said dejectedly, placing an invisible hand on her chest.

Shoji bluntly replied with a "That's right." making the tailed male sweat drop. The small group continued their unneeded conversation while others began to talk as well. This caused Mineta to feel frightened, which resulted in another reaction from a blonde bitch. Nonetheless, some students talked about the incident that had occurred.

As the clock struck 8:24, Iida strode to the front of the classroom announcing that home room was to begin shortly. "Stop talking and get to your seats!" He ordered.

"We're already in our seats." Someone answered.

When the class rep realized his embarrassing mistake, he sat in the seat he was assigned himself.

The pink skinned female, Ashido, turned in her seat to question her frog like friend.

"Tsu, who's..." she paused as she nearly fell, but to her luck Tsuyu held up her chair. "...gonna teach homeroom today? And do you know where Y/N is?"

"Well, Aizawa sensei should be the hospital recovering from his injuries and I haven't heard from Yamada-chan since the incident." Asui finished with a ribbit as the door slid open. It revealed their mummy-like teacher. However, the (h/c) haired female was still not present. 

Aizawa muffled a morning through his bandages.

"Aizawa sensei, you're back too soon!" The class exclaimed.

"You're too much of a pro!" Kaminari said.

"So you're all right Aizawa sensei?" Iida asked whilst having his hand raised.