53

May 15th, Senior prom.

Benjamin stood in front of the mirror looking over his appearance as Braxton got done getting ready in the bathroom. As he looked at himself in the mirror, a strange feeling washed over him—a surreal feeling of sorts. Looking at himself in such formal attire was responsible for the feeling, oddly enough. He looked like an actual adult in it. To see himself in this suit—about to go to his senior prom—made him feel so grown.

He thought not only on the suit and his looks but he also took into consideration the situation itself. It was senior prom and he was going with a boy.

The strange feeling quickly morphed into a completely different feeling. It turned into a fuzzy feeling—a feeling that he thought to be happiness. No, happiness is a bubbly feeling. It's something that comes and goes just like that. This was something far from that. It was a feeling of peace, pure tranquility.

A younger version of Benjamin wouldn't have dreamt of being in the current position that he was in. Hell, the Benjamin that existed a few months prior to this wouldn't have dreamt of this. Senior prom, in a way, was a milestone—which seemed to be what made this into such a big deal. This was the last dance that he was ever going to go to in high school. Somehow, that meant something big; it was a symbol for the end of his high school experience, in a way. The fact that he was nearing the end of high school and could work up the courage to publicly go to a dance with a boy—a boy who he dearly loved—meant a million great things to him.

And speak of the devil, Braxton appeared right behind Benjamin, saying, "Nice bow-tie." Though, the tone made his words sound sarcastic.

Turning around, Benjamin responded, "What? You have a problem with bow-ties or something?"

"No, no. It just looks a little bit silly on you, I guess," Braxton chuckles rather loudly, "It looks good, don't get me wrong, but you just seem more like a tie person."

"I can't tie a tie," Ben muttered, "And what's that supposed to mean, anyways? I'm not a bow-tie person? Is there supposed to be a difference? It's just different styles of the same exact thing—except for one requires far less effort."

"Bow-ties are just goofier than regular ties and regular ties are for more serious people."

"Says who?"

"Says me," Braxton answered quickly.

"Oh and am I not a fun and goofy person?" Ben huffed and raised an eyebrow.

Braxton thought carefully, "I think that the fact that your asking that question in such an aggressive tone answers that question for itself."

"I'm super fun," Ben stated with a shaky and unconvincing voice, "Either I'm the most fun person on Earth or my name isn't Benjamin James Adams."

"James? Huh? I didn't know that James was your middle name. That makes you BJ right?"

"In a sense, yes," Ben hesitated to answer this, "But call me that and you'll regret it."

"So, Blow-Job Adams..." Braxton paused before letting out a loud cackle at his own joke. But soon, he calmed himself down enough to speak once more, "Actually, I don't think that the BJ is what makes your full name weird. James Adams sounds weird. I think it's because there's an 's' at the both of them. You should change your middle name. Actually, no, don't. I like BJ. Just change your last name."

"Dipshit, I can't just casually change my last name."

"Change it to mine," Braxton winked, "Braxton James Janson still sounds stupid, but I like the initials B-J-J. Makes it sound like you have a stutter."