Undertaker - It's Never Been Too Long

Summary
You and Taker have been dating for a little (looooooooooong) time, and he's decided he wants to switch things up a little.
______________________________________

Taker paces around the ring a little, finally raising the mic to his lips.

"I have been in this company a long time. I have won matches, lost matches. I have won championships, I have lost them too. I have gained team mates and lost them. I have gained and lost managers. That's just to name a few things. But I ain't out here to talk about that. I'm here to talk about something else I gained while I was here" his eyes scan the crowd, and they all shout what, just as he expected.

"I'm here to talk about something I gained very early on, while my manager was Brother Love I gained something that changed me as a man, and I have not lost it. And what I gained was a woman, by my side. And she is still my woman today."

"That's because everyone else is too scared to try take her from you!" JR shouts from the side. Taker merely glances over, but even that causes JR to shrink in his seat. "Back to the point, I need Y/n out here, now."

Your theme starts and you're quick to get in the ring, but only after you've made a few kids in the front row the happiest in the whole arena by giving them each a high five.

The crowd is loud, and it causes the adrenaline to begin to pump through your veins.
As you get on to the apron Taker holds the middle rope down, allowing you easier access into the ring.
You thank him with a small kiss on the cheek and the crowd cheers.

"Now" Undertaker begins, "You all know I am dating Y/n, and have been for many, many years now, almost 10" you think about it for a second, nodding in agreement when you realise he is right, "And I think she still feels the same about me as she did then" you nod once more, Undertaker being almost correct in assuming that.

You do still feel very similar, but your feelings for him now are so much more than back in late 1990.
The two of you have been through so much in almost a decade, and you still feel so much affection towards the man you love.

"10 years is a long time of being just dating, and I think it's time I sort out my priorities."

Undertaker steps backwards, extending the space between the two of you.

"I love my work, I do. I love it here and I don't plan on leaving any time soon, and I do love Y/n, so very much. But an unfortunate set of events means I can only thing for now, and I think you all know its been long coming" You stand confused, what does he mean by he can only do one for now? He doesn't have any plans to leave the company, so where does that put you?

Panic set in and you close your eyes and count to ten.
When you open your eyes the room is dark, what if he's gone?
The lights slowly turn back on, and a wave of relief initially washes over you.
And after the relief a surge of happiness.

Undertaker is knelt on one knee before you, an open velvet box in hand.
Inside the box is a ring, gold with three stones, two small and one rather large one in the center.
You feel a smile make it's way onto your face, and he smiles upon seeing your reaction.

"Y/n, it's been almost a decade, and I think the both of us deserve a holiday. If you agree to marry me there's a plane that leaves, in three days to Europe"
You look over Takers face, seeing he is full of hope.

He wants you to say yes.
The fans want you to say yes.
You want you to say yes.

"Yes" you say, nodding at the same time. He stands up and wraps his inked arms around you, managing to take the ring out of the box and place it on your ring finger in the process.

"I'm really happy you said that, I was afraid I waited too long" he confesses, pulling away.
The two of you stare at each other for a moment, taking in the fact you are now engaged.

You stare into his icy blue eyes, Undertaker staring into your e/c ones.
You spend a couple seconds like this, about to separate fully from one another's embrace when the crowd fires up.

"Kiss! Kiss! Kiss!" they chant, over and over.
You shrug, and Undertaker slowly closes the space between the two of you, placing his lips on yours ever so gently.
You move your hand from his shoulder to his cheek as he finally pulls away, having allowed enough time for photos to be taken.

"I hope it isn't going to be another ten years before we get married" you smile, gaining an eye roll.
"Of course it won't" Undertaker smiles, "it'll be twenty" you giggle and shake your head, allowing your fiancé to guide you out of the ring.

"I say we go and break the news to our families, if they don't already know" Undertaker says as he helps you down from the apron.
"I think that's a good idea" you say, squealing as he effortlessly whisks you off of your feet, carrying you with ease to the top of the ramp.
He turns around once he's on the stage, allowing a few seconds for photos before heading backstage.

"I can't believe I'm engaged" you whisper to yourself, again.
"And, don't forget, we're going on holiday in three days" Undertaker adds.

"Ever the element of surprise. Deadman or not you are truly wanting to live while we can" he nods.
"I hope you're ready, cause it won't be a short stay"

"How long will we be there?" you question, thinking of all the places in Europe you'd like to visit; London, Paris, Berlin, Moscow, Sofia, Madrid. You want to see everything, but it is all very time dependent.
"Two and a half months of Europe, doing whatever you like" You smile at your fiancé.

Always the one to surprise you. Always.