Seth Rollins - "Hot Stuff"

Summary
No one tells you what to do, not even your husband.
_______________________________________

With a smile you put down the bottle of water, of which is now half full. You do a few basic stretches, enough to allow your body to relax but keep it warmed up for whatever you decide to do next.

"Thank you again for sparring with me, and sorry for kicking your ass" you offer a smile to the blonde, who simply frowns, dissatisfied with your cheek.

It wasn't his fault he couldn't catch you.
Or counter.
Or, really, touch you at all.
Apparently you're just too fast for your long-time friend.
"Watch it hot stuff" he threatens, sending a playful glare in your direction.
You shake your head, suppressing a giggle.

"Call her hot stuff again and I'll curbstomp your ass, Ziggler" You roll your eyes, causing Dolph to snigger. Your husband, Seth Rollins, walks past the two of you, mid workout himself.

"Oh" Seth turns around, "So you think this is funny? You think it's okay to speak about someone's wife like that is a joke?" He asks, stalking towards Dolph, a violent glimmer shining in his chocolate eyes.

He usually isn't one to let something so simple bother him, but you know he hasn't had the best day.
Before Seth can get to Dolph you slide between them, placing your hands on Seth's chest.
You know if you're not careful he might do some damage.

As good as his intentions are of protecting his woman doing it violently is not the right way to do so. You know that, and behind his anger so does he.
It does leave you to wonder how he hasn't ever heard Dolph say it before, it's not like him calling you hot stuff is a new thing.

"It's only a nickname, calm down. He isn't hitting on me" you state.
"Stay out of this Y/n. If he wants to catcall you he can answer to my fist." You take a step back, folding your arms over your chest. That's your husband, childish and petty as ever.

"I wasn't-" Dolph attempts to explain the situation to Seth, realising he's not going to get out of it any other way, but Seth cuts him off, unwilling to listen.

"Don't try to tell me what you were doing. I know what you were doing." Seth's voice has begun to raise, after the loss of his match you know this is not a good time for anyone to be looking at him funny, let alone trying to reason with him.

"Seth" you sigh, knowing he has it all wrong.
You and Dolph have always been friends, but due to the difference in scheduling you've not seen him in a long time, especially for more than a passing conversation.

And apparently even with the time you have been with Seth no nicknames have ever been said, which means Seth doesn't understand the joke running between the two of you.

"I told you to stay out of this" Seth growls.
You take in a long breath. You didn't want to do this but now you have to.

"Colby Daniel Lopez you listen to me right now" you demand, "I will not stand here and let you beat my friend to a pulp over a nickname. I am a married woman, if he oversteps the line I can handle it. And as YOUR wife I expect you to trust my judgement. Now go sit your ass down and cool off" Seth hangs his head, nodding before turning on his heel and walking the other way.

Once he's out of sight you turn to Dolph, who too has his head down, and you can see he's trying to hide a smile.

"What is it now, Ziggler?" You ask, raising an eyebrow in suspicion as he shuffles on the spot.
"I just-" he begins to laugh quietly.
"You just what, hmm?" You question, arms now folded loosely over your chest.

"Nothing, I just didn't exactly expect you to put him in his place like that" Dolph finally bursts out laughing.
You keep your arms folded, keeping a deadly straight and serious face as he doubles over, clutching his stomach from all the laughing.

"What's so funny?" An arm makes its way over your shoulder and you lean into the familiar body.
"Nothing" Dolph stops laughing immediately, standing upright to face the Iowan.

"Damn right" Seth chuckles from beside you, having come to his senses.
"Better?" you ask him. You feel your husband nod his head once. "Good, now, you know what you have to do" Seth nods once more.

"Sorry Dolph, I overreacted" Dolph nods, holding out his hand, which Seth takes and shakes, agreeing to be civil.
You see Seth visibly relax, Dolph seeming to convince him in a single handshake that the long running joke is only a joke.

"It's all good, wouldn't have been the first time I've been beaten up by a hot chicks husband anyway" you chuckle.
"And it wouldn't have been the last" you snigger.
Dolph sends a playful glare in your direction.

"Do you really need another ass kicking today, Ziggler? If you want to argue with me get back in the ring" you nod towards the squared circle in the center of the room.

The blonde holds up his hands in surrender.
"I'll pass, maybe next time, hot stuff." he winks at Seth, smiling, before leaving the room.

"Hot stuff" Seth mumbles. You turn you head to look him straight in the eyes.
"You dare start Lopez and I'll kick your ass as well" you state. Seth raises his eyebrow, a mischievous smirk on his face.

"Get in the ring" you demand. He chuckles, and you fold your arms, "Did I stutter? Get in the ring"
Seth's smirk falls from his lips as he realises your deadly serious.
You'll happily get in the ring and show him not to mess with you, whether he's your husband or not.

"I really need to go over there and do something other than get my ass handed to me" Seth points at the weights.
You shake your head and let a small smile slip past your deadly facade.
"Next time I won't let you slide so easy."