Chapter One

^^^Parker Alexandria Winters^^^

3203 words

I woke up panting for the seventh time tonight from a stupid nightmare. Yeah I never get any sleep. Oh, sorry, I should probably introduce myself. Hey, my name is Parker Alexandria Winters. Yeah, I know it's a mouth full, but I grew to love it.
Well, not my last name because that just reminds me of my parents. They are not your typical, loving, caring, and nurturing parents. I loved my brothers, but I'll never see them again. I had seven brothers that I barely knew. Their names were Alexander, Austin, Michael, Easton, Elijah, Lucas, and Jeremy. I was put up for adoption when I was born because my parents couldn't handle an eighth kid. I've known I was adopted since I was four when my "parents" finally decided they wanted to tell me why they beat me and laughed about it. My full name is Parker Alexandria Winters. I didn't use my adoptive last name when I got into the orphanage because I don't want any more dirty looks from people than I already got.
My adoptive parents are in jail, but I still get nightmares about what they did to me. I have dirty blonde hair, I'm 14 years old, and I'm 5'4. But I have eyes like no one else in my real family. I have gray eyes, and they remind, not just me, but lots of people of storm clouds. I only ever saw my brothers once or twice, but they said they will always call me stormy. If anyone else even tries I give them a look that could put them 6 feet under. They never had to go through the torment I went through because my parents wanted all boys. My "parents" always said they hit me because I was a disappointment. After a while I started to believe them. I'm not one of those people that nags on and on about hating myself because there is no point in stating it over and over. Once is enough. Plus, if I wanted another reminder I could just go get my razor. Yeah that's the best, and the only friend I've ever had.
I've been at the orphanage for a year, two months, and six days. I'm keeping track because I made a promise to myself that if I don't get a good family after two years then I'm breaking out and going to look for my brothers. I'm just glad that I know their names, first and last, so that it can make it a lot easier. I've already been adopted twice, but they were a lot like my "parents", so obviously someone ended up noticing and called the cops. I don't know what it is about adoptive parents and abusing me, but I've got sucky luck in that department. Apparently we have someone coming today looking for a child to adopt. He is a 21 year old guy, pretty rich, and looking for a girl in the 13-15 range. If you ask me, it sounds a bit pervert-ish, but hey that's only my opinion. I mean with what my other dads did to me, you learn that men are PIGS!!! Horny pigs!!! I really hope he doesn't even spare a glance my way, but who knows. It's also a really weird range because usually the older kids don't get adopted. I mean I kinda get 13, but I'm the oldest so there aren't even any 15 year olds. I'm not going to even bother explaining what my dream was about because you will understand later that everything all my "parents" have done is the same. Abuse, abuse, and...you guessed it...abuse. Also don't get alarmed, I don't try to starve myself, but I just can't eat more than a few bites of anything. I rarely got fed when I was with any and all of the adopted parents.

I check the time and it's already 7:30am, so I decide to start getting ready for the dreaded day. The guy is supposed to be here by 9:00, so that gives me time to take a show, get dressed, and get ready in general.

30 minutes later

I am done with my shower and I have my clothes on. I am just brushing my hair and teeth now. I finish and it's 8:30. I decide to go downstairs and wait so I don't have to be trampled by all the younger ones. The really little kids are the only people I'm nice to here. Since I'm the oldest they sometimes look up to me like a big sister/mother figure. My favorite is Sophia. She's four, really shy, and so sweet. She can't even say anything bad about the weather without apologizing to it. No joke, she actually said it was a bad day outside and cried for three hours thinking it wouldn't forgive her. That was a long day, but honestly quite adorable. I'm surprised she hasn't been adopted yet, but she will soon and I know it. I just hope it's to a good home, and not like the ones I was in.