Secrets

Jasmine's POV:

I swam as fast as I could towards the shore, the tail flapping awkwardly behind me. I dragged myself onto the beach, the others close behind me. I lay my face in my arms tiredly.

"We are fish!" Casey screeched. "What am I going to do about my swimming?! Mum has always loved me swimming competitively!"

"Calm down Casey," Jessy replied calmly. I honestly didn't know how she was staying so calm. I was certainly freaking out! A shadow suddenly fell over us. I looked up to see...

"Jake!" Jessy gasped, fear suddenly morphing her face. Jake just stared at us, shock written clearly on his face, and... fear? I glanced down. Poor Jessy. I'm glad Tony wasn't here to see me like this. I heard Jessy sobbing quietly as Jake started to walk away.

Suddenly a towel landed on my head. I looked up in surprise to see Jake passing us our towels, then started to help Jessy dry off.

"What are you doing Jake?" Sasha mumbled.

"We have to try something to get you back to normal," was the quiet reply as Jake continued to rub Jessy's tail. I followed example and started to rub my tail dry. You could say I was more than relieved when my tail disappeared and my legs returned. Jessy was already back to normal and helping Casey dry off.

I started helping Sasha out and in no time all four of us were back on our feet... Literally. We all sat near the other end of the beach, far away from the water.

"Can someone tell me what's going on?" Jake started quietly.

"Trust me we have no idea," I spoke up for the first time in a while. I was still trying to make sense of everything. "But I think we're... Mermaids". Everyone turned and looked at me like I was crazy.

"You're kidding, right?" Sasha snorted.

"Well what else could explain it?" I shot back. Jake held up his hands.

"Calm down guys," he sighed. "I think the real question here is why it happened". Everyone nodded but Casey. I was beginning to think she was in shock. I thought for a second.

"So..." I started. "Are we keeping this a secret from our families and that?" Everyone nodded slowly. I gulped. "Does this mean I can't tell Tony?"

"You can't tell him!" Sasha exclaimed. "No one but us can know".

"But what about Jake?" I demanded. "Why does Jessy's boyfriend get to know and mine doesn't?"

"Because Tony wasn't here!" Casey suddenly snapped. I looked at Casey in shock. Casey had never snapped at anyone. "And besides," she continued. "Can Tony actually be trusted? You only just got together". Tears started to pool in my eyes. Before they slipped I got up and ran away from my supposed friends. But the tears rolled down my cheeks regardless.

I speed walked into Rikki's café and took a seat in a corner booth, attempting to wipe away my tears. I was surprised when someone took a seat beside me. It was Tony.

"Tony!" I gasped and hugged him tight. He rubbed gentle circles on my back.

"What's wrong, baby?" he asked. I pulled out of his embrace and took a deep breath.

"There's something I have to tell you," I whispered. "And your have to promise not to freak out..."

Aww poor Jasmine D: why do you think Casey snapped? Let me know what you think! I hope you enjoyed my lovely Unicorns n.n