Chapter 4

Leah's POV

It's been two weeks since Sara left. I've been trying to talk to her, but she wouldn't answer any of my calls. I decided to text Lisa.

(12:22) Le: Lisa, can we meet up?

(12:34)Li: I don't know if that's such a good idea Leah..

(12:35)Le: Please Lisa, I just need to make sure she's doing ok.

(12:38)Li: Well... ok then.

(12:38)Le: Thanks Lisa, 1pm at the bakery today?

(12:39)Li: Yes, see you in 20 minutes.

I quickly dressed myself and put on some shoes. I almost slipped when I tried to reach my coat. Luckily Jordan catched me.

'And where are you going miss', she asked while trying to contain her laughter. 'What', I asked with a confused face. It was then I realised that I forgot to put my pants on. Jordan bursted into laughter and I quickly ran to my room.

'No but serious, where are you going', Jordan said. 'I'm going to meet up with Lisa', I said while grabbing my phone. 'Ok well have fun I guess', Jordan said while waving goodbye. I waved back and quickly got into my car.

When I arrived at the bakery it was exactly 1 pm. I could see Lisa already sitting in a booth, but when I took a closer look, I saw another head. I figured that must have been Viv.

But while I was approaching the booth, I saw another head at the other side of the booth. It was Viv's. But.. that means...

The head started to turn around. I saw a small nose, freckles and blue eyes appear. It was Sara.

Sara seemed to be startled too. She looked at Viv and Lisa and rolled her eyes.

Sara's POV

Lisa and Viv decided to take me to the bakery, I have absolutely no idea why, but I agreed anyway.

We picked a booth and ordered our food.

I saw Viv looking at the shop window and back to her watch the entire time. 'Hey Viv, are you waiting for someone', I eventually asked.

'Uhm no, of course not', she said.

That's when I heard the door of the bakery open. At first, I didn't really pay attention, but then I saw Viv looking at the door and back at me.

I knew that could only mean one thing..

I slowly turned around. And there she was.

Of course it had to be Leah. I looked at Viv and Lisa and rolled my eyes. 'You'll regret this', I whispered to Viv.

Leah was slowly approaching the booth and I saw Viv and Lisa getting up.

No no no no, I wasn't ready to talk to Leah alone.

Viv, Lisa and Leah exchanged a hug and then Viv and Lisa left the bakery. Leah approached me and sat on the opposite side of the booth.

'So, uhmm', I started. Leah looked me in the eyes. 'Sara I'm sorry ok, I never meant for you to get mad at me, but I'm your big sis. I need to watch over you', she said.

Suddenly I felt a wave of guilt washing over me. She agreed to take care of me, if not, I would be in an orphanage right now. 'I'm really sorry Leah', I started sobbing a bit. Leah got up and took the spot next to me.

She just hugged me. 'Shhh it's ok munchkin', she comforted me. I hugged her back.

Leah's POV