Chapter 2

Loki and y/n sat and the table reading everything they could trying to help the avengers fight off the new threat. Loki quickly ran out of books in his pile and started taking from y/n's, the pile getting smaller and smaller as time passed. Eventually there was only two books left in their stack, the finished books scattered along the rest of the table. Loki grabbed his last book, looking over at y/n in case he wanted to say something. Loki noticed the sun shining off of a necklace on y/n neck. Thinking nothing of it, he went back to his work hoping to finish it before it got too late into the day. 

After 10 minutes, both of them finished their books and placed them on top of the others. Y/n sighed causing Loki to look over confused. Y/n turned to face Loki, almost knowing that he confused the god. "bored." Y/n stated matter-of-factly. Loki nodded in acknowledgement. Loki thought for a moment, think of ways he could help the mortal. "I could show you a place I found. If you're up for it of course." Y/n nodded telling the god that he would like to see this place. Both boys got off the bench, each grabbing half of the books and bringing them to the book drop.

After the books were in the drop, Loki and y/n left the library and headed toward the avengers facility. "So, where are we going again?" Y/n stated in confusion. Loki turned and smiled at y/n, still walking with him towards the facility. "Patience, young mortal." Loki turned back. "Here." Loki took a sudden turn into the woods, tapping y/n's back to make sure he didn't get lost. 

After sometime of walking, that y/n had lost track of, they reached a opening in the trees. In the middle sat a lake. The water was clear and you could see fish swimming around. "It's...beautiful." y/n managed to say as he was awestruck by the glass like water. "yes. I suppose it is." Loki said proudly with a small smile forming. Y/n looked around, taking in every piece of the lake and its surroundings. Y/n noticed Loki start to walk off to their right. Not wanting to be left behind, y/n followed. Next to the lake sat some logs and books. Each book looked well taken care of and almost new. Loki looked back at his follower and gestured to one of the logs before grabbing a book and laying on one himself. Y/n picked one of the books of the top of a pile and began to read, resting his body on the hard bark of the log.

It felt as if the sun had started to set minutes after they got there. Loki sighed and started to sit up, marking his last read page and placing the book in its pile. "We better be going before it gets too dark." Y/n followed, placing his book in the pile. As they made there way out of the woods they could see Tony standing in front of the door with Thor. "I appears we may have a bit of trouble here." Loki stated slowly as they walked towards them. "Loki. Where did you bring him?" Thor asked demandingly as if y/n couldn't protect himself if he had to. Yes, it was true that y/n didn't trust the god that much. After all he tried to take over Earth and he is the god of mischief and lies. "I only brought him to my hideout." Loki said, rolling his eyes in the process. Tony looked to y/n "Is that true?" Tony questioned with a worried look showing on his face. Y/n nodded, his trust slowly growing for Loki. "Alright." Tony moved out of the way, letting them pass. Thor thought otherwise as he stopped Loki with his arm, causing y/n to turn back to Loki. Loki nodded his head as to tell y/n to continue and not wait for him. 

Y/n picked up his guitar and started strumming the chords to Free Falling. Loki finally headed to his room after Thor let him go. He never understood why his brother wouldn't trust him here. He has all the other avengers here to help him if Loki ever tried to betray him. He wouldn't stand a chance against their new team. Loki heard the strumming and soft singing as he got to his room. Smiling softly to himself, he opened his door. The last thing Loki heard before he drifted asleep was y/n's sing, barely audible through the walls.

It's a long day, livin' in Reseda
There's a free way running through the yard
I'm a bad boy 'cause I don't even miss her
I'm a bad boy for breaking her heart