LevixPro-Equestrian!Reader ~ At Sunset

Requested

Equestrian- Relating to horse-riding

(Y/N)'s POV

"Hey, pretty one." I greeted my horse with a smile as I came into the stabled to give her her daily brushing. She neighed in response and nuzzled her head in my neck. "I know I haven't been around much lately. We've been training a lot." I laughed as she licked my cheek.

I softly hummed to myself as I brushed through her soft mane. It was always relaxing to me. I honestly don't know how I could be in the Survey Corps without my horse. She was someone I could always come to to unload all my feelings without fear of judgment.

"(L/N), it's getting late." I heard a familiar voice say behind me.

"I'm so sorry, Captain!" I saluted Captain Levi.

"Shouldn't you have done that earlier?" He asked.

"I probably could have, but after dinner at sunset it's really nice." I gazed out at the beautiful ombre sky.

"Is that so?" He crossed his arms and leaned against a post. "I have a question for you."

"Yes, sir?"

"How is your horse so calm with you?" He asked, honestly surprising me.

"Um, I'm not sure, sir. She's always been this way."  I shrugged. "Can I ask why you're curious?"

"Because my horse..." He walked over to a beautiful black horse and held out his hand, but all the horse did was snap his teeth at him. "Seems to really dislike me."

"I'm sure that's not true." I walked over to the horse petted his mane. He neighed happily and relaxed.

"Hmp." The captain looked away.

"Here." I grabbed his hand with my own and slowly led it across the horse's fur. Surprisingly, the horse did nothing in objection. "They're really timid creatures. You have to be gentle and kind to them." I smiled over to him and stopped petting the horse; however, Captain Levi would not let go of my hand. "Um, sir?" I blushed.

"Huh? Oh." He quickly retracted his hand and crossed his arms. Is that a tiny pink tint I see on his cheeks? "See you tomorrow, (L/N)." He said and speed-walked away. I could do nothing but chuckle as the horses and I watched him go. He looks like a school girl running from her crush.