𝖎𝖎. Troubled Youth.

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀PART I

PART I.
II.   TROUBLED YOUTH.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄

SETH ISN'T even remotely surprised as he casually passes the repulsive sight of vomit spewing out from a teen's quivering lips and onto McKay's front lawn. It was deemed quite normal, given the excessive amount of booze and alcohol they consumed at parties. Lana, on the other hand, immediately felt nauseous—just the display and stench of heated and intoxicated teenagers sprawled out in front of the grand house made her want to leave already. Yet, she doesn't. Instead, she soundlessly shuffles behind her brother, withholding any of the distasteful and several comments she had regarding the reckless behaviour surrounding her—after all, she reckons she's annoyed Seth enough during the car ride there. She didn't need him thinking she couldn't handle being at a high school party—so she sucks it up. 

Now Lana was well aware of how popular and celebrated her brother was amongst the students of East Highland ( Why? She's not sure either. ) But this was a lot. The minute the pair pass the threshold of McKay's residence, numerous teenagers practically fling themselves at Seth—some bringing him forth into a casual handshake, others ( well, girls ) waving rather flirtatiously at him, and many just plainly nodding in his direction. Seth almost forgets about Lana's lingering presence, as he almost gets lost in the emerging crowd.

         "Remember what I said." He practically shouts over the music, turning to face her, before resting his hands against her shoulders. "If anything—" 

        "If anything happens, don't hesitate to call you—I know, Seth." Lana groans, loosening his soft grip on her shoulders. "For the tenth time, I'll be fine. You have nothing to worry about." She reassures, softly poking his sides as she continues, "Look at you, being all caring and shit. You turning soft on me, Cruz?" 

       Seth swats away her fingers from his ribs, "Whatever." He mumbles, manoeuvring his way around Lana, practically leaving her stranded near the doorway.

He doesn't miss Lana's merry remark to his departure. He shakes his head in amusement, the corner of his lips slightly curving upwards as she blithely yells, "Love you too, Sethie." Rougishly attempting to humiliate him in any way. 

      "Yo." A voice calls, slightly tapping Seth against his forearm, causing the tanned boy to come to a halt. 

He instantly notices his towering friend, leaning against the counter, accompanied by a random blonde swaying against his bare chest. Her hands hang loosely around his neck, practically yearning for his attention, yet he seemed occupied smirking lightly at his hotheaded best friend. Seth wears a puzzled expression as he stares back at Nate, soundlessly questioning the amused appearance. Nate simply juts his chin in the direction of something in the far distance, causing Seth to swivel around cautiously.