Chapter 1

Roman danced around the field, giggling as he plopped down. He looked up at the clear, blue sky, not minding as his flower crown partially obscured his vision. Today had been like any other day. And that was Roman messing around in the forest again, alone, since he had no friends. Well, not alone. The animals liked hanging out with Roman.

'Speaking of friends, I should make some! Every day is a friend day!' Roman thought, quickly getting up. The bright smile on his face would have immediately caused anyone in the vicinity to think he was a very oversized three-year-old. Roman would just skip off into the forest, still smiling.

He looked around at the vines that twirled up the trees, touching some which caused them to grow. Roman immediately retracted his hand, reminding himself that he had to control his abilities more than he could at the moment. It wasn't that Roman didn't like them, it's just it wasn't too enjoyable when things got out of control. Especially around mortals.

Roman sighed softly, still skipping through the forest. "There is like, no one around! How am I supposed to make friends, if I can't find anyone!?" He shouted to the empty silence. "Is this forest that desolate?!"

Patton would appear, a wide smile on his face. "Hey, kiddo! I heard my child has mental boo-boos!" He paused, casually pulling out an axe while humming. "So who does daddy need to choppy chop into tiny cubey cubes?"

Seeing the fear in Roman's eyes, Patton lowered the axe, sighing. Roman, still frightened, took a couple of steps backward, smiling nervously. Patton tilted his head, looked rather confused and hurt. "C'mon kiddo, daddy won't hurt you-" He stated, having a look of concern on his face, but also one that said, "I'm going to flipping kill whoever hurt my son" to which Roman backed up further.

"No one hurt me. I just can't find any friends." Roman replied, to which Patton sniffles, visibly upset.

"I thought I was your friend?" He replied, tears welling up in his eyes. Patton was a rather sensitive individual, so he was easily affected by any kind of insult thrown at him. And hearing an insult from someone Patton considered family, had affected him even more than if someone else had insulted him.

"Oh Patton, you are! It's just I want more friends!"Roman said, smiling hesitantly. Patton immediately started smiling again. Then, slowly, his smile would turn into a small smirk. Patton had an idea.

"Say, kiddo, why don't we get you a boyfriend~?" He said, Roman, blushing slightly.

"I'm good."

"Shooting straight, even though you're gay?"

Roman nodded, getting distracted by a small bunny that ran by, chasing after it. The small snow-white creature kept running, running out of pure fear and determination to live. Roman, however, just wanted something fluffy to cuddle with and to take care of.

A wall of vines would surround the bunny , stopping it in its tracks. Roman ran over to it, picking it up. The bunny was too petrified at this point to even register what was going on. Roman, however, wasn't scarred for life at all. He was just happy he got something to pet.

Patton laughed the entire time. Though he honestly anime sweat dropped at Roman's determination. It was scary if you looked at it a certain way and Patton had looked at it that little certain way.

"Kiddo can you please let it go? The poor guy is scared to death-" Patton started, Roman nodding as he sat the bunny down. It stayed there for a second, then immediately ran off, happy to be away from the scary man.

"Well if he simply had 'let it go', it might have suffered some injuries, such as-" A male had appeared and started, before Patton looked over and practically tackle hugged this strange man.

"Logan!" Patton laughed, looking up at the male, who had a small blush on his face. Roman coughed something along the lines of "that's gay", causing the other two males to separate, both of their faces an equal amount of red.

Roman looked at the mysterious "Logan". He'd never met him before, but Patton talked about him quite a bit. From what Roman could tell, the dude was hella fucking smart, and you always had to be literal around him. As for his abilities as a god, Roman had no idea.

"So Logan..." He started, Logan nodding. "What's your element and why are you so close to Patton?" Roman narrowed his eyes at the taller male who just chuckled.

"Well I assume you mean area of control, not element. Well if you insist, it's the ocean. And well simply, we have an interconnecting relationship." Logan said, adjusting his glasses, then crossing his arms. Roman glared at him. Yeah, there was no way he liked this Logan.

Patton easily and quickly saw the growing tension between Roman and Logan. When Logan first appeared, Patton had thought that they would have gotten along well. He didn't expect Roman to be immediately annoyed by Logan's big brains. 'Hopefully they get along eventually.' Patton thought, nervous slightly, but mostly excited.

Logan slightly chuckled at Roman's slight anger. "It's quite amusing how you think you scare me." He said calmly, Roman's glare towards him only intensifying even more. Patton giggled nervously, pulling Logan away.

"Okay kiddo... Daddy's just going to go have a small talk with mommy, okay?" Patton said, before disappearing with Logan. Roman glared at the spot where Logan had stood. 'As if I need the tall thing near me.' He thought as he scoffed. 'Now that the troll's gone, how about I go look for friends?' Roman began to walk away, eventually smiling.

He hummed, looking around as he walked. He saw a male, who appeared to have a soft glowing aura around them. Roman tilted his head at him. The stranger had a pale complexion, darker eyebags than your average person, purple tinting the bangs of his otherwise soft, brown hair, which fell over one his eyes.

Roman had to admit, the stranger was rather attractive. And he definitely wasn't mortal either. So that, of course, made Roman curious.

He walked up to them, tapping their shoulder, still smiling. Roman could already tell that for some odd reason, he'd most likely dislike this person, a lot. For quite awhile at least.

The male looked up.

"..."

"What do you want, princey?"