Chapter 4

"So you are pretty much like a slave to him now?" Patton asked, petting a white rabbit that sat in his lap. Roman was sitting across from him, as Virgil was leaning against a tree in the background.

"Yes, indeed. I am Mr. Stormy's personal slave." Roman sighed. "But of course, I, may still tend to my own duties before going with him for the day."

"That's good kiddo." Patton smiled and Roman nodded. He gave the fluffy little bunny a pat, smiling as well. The bunny's ears just twitched in response.

Virgil watched the two from afar, silent. He didn't look up when he heard a swoosh behind him, still not reacting upon seeing a tall, slim, elegant looking blur behind him.

"You must be Logan. The guy petting the bunny sometimes will bring you up." Virgil softly muttered, still not looking up.

Logan nodded, adjusting his glasses. He gave a small smile to his grumpy, but fellow companion. "I see you have been avoiding us. Is something perhaps the matter? Are you perhaps not happy with the mortals?"

Virgil sighed, moving his gaze to a small, green leaf lying on the ground. Logan waited for an answer, staring at him. Virgil didn't move, though spoke.

"Something..is the matter. But it isn't important, and we shall not talk about it, okay? It's just a small thing, I promise." Virgil would give Logan a small smile, who nodded and would head toward Patton.

"You have not tended to everything that must be done Patton." Logan smiled and Patton nodded, standing up. He turned to Roman and waved, to which Roman would wave back.

He watched as they left, turning to Virgil. Roman sighed, crossing his own arms. "What are you making me do today, Mr. Stormy?" He scoffed, rolling his eyes.

"Nothing. We are going to hang out today, that's all." Virgil muttered, looking at Roman as he gave him a soft smile, which Roman found surprisingly genuine.

"Oh...okay." He replied, approaching Virgil, who would hold an arm out, hand sticking straight up, similar to the look of a stop sign.

"You shouldn't come too close. " He muttered, looking away as he crossed his arms again, biting his lip. Roman frowned, while not really appealing to Virgil, was a bit worried.

"Are you okay? Or are you just pretendi-"

He was cut off by Virgil. "I. Am. Fine." He had said curtly, walking off after doing so. Roman followed.

"Fine then, Jerky Mc. Jerky Pants." Roman muttered, fiddling with his hands.

Both were silent as they walked, neither doing much. Roman followed, just fiddling with his hands. Obviously, Virgil was in front, walking in no certain direction.

Suddenly, small boy -or man, Virgil wasn't exactly sure - jumped out of the bushes at them, a taller, more sophisticated man sighing behind him. Roman was surprised, appearing to know the small male, though not the other, and Virgil was just confused for many reasons.

"Remus, why are you here? And who is that giant with you?" Roman asked, pointing at the smaller man, then gesturing to the taller one.

{A/N: For Clarification, Logan is the second tallest, Patton is the second shortest, Remus is the Shortest, Deciet/Janus is the tallest, and Virgil is an inch or two shorter than Roman, who's average -not canon, just a head canon -}

"Come on big brother! I had to do something!" The small man, Remus, sighed, slumping over, and the taller stranger sighed, lightly slapping him beside the head.

"Hold up?! Who the hell are these two?!" Virgil shouted, glaring at Roman.

"That, is Remus."

Remus had soft green eyes, that also had a small, but noticeable brown tint to them.  His hair was messy, and a soft, hazelnut brown color, a silver grey streak running straight down it.

"And that..." Roman paused as he looked at the other "stranger". They had half of a snake face, one hazel eye, and a similar hairstyle to the others, but much more elegant looking.

" I am known as Janus, though more popularly known as Deceit. But you can call me Janus. " He bowed, Remus sighing.

"Jannnnnny come oooooooon. Iiiiiim booooooored." Remus whined, squeaking as Janus once again slapped him, annoyed.

"Would you be kind enough to be quiet, my friend?" Janus smiled, both Virgil and Roman chuckling.

They both had the same thought:

A mother and it's child.