Chapter Eleven

Pain. This is the only thing, I can feel.

Blood. Its scent is spread all around me.

Sweat. I can feel it forming on my forehead and slowly sliding down.

Shouts. Terrible, horror filled screams are surrounding me.

Emotions. The most vivid one is fear. I can feel at as if I am being fed it. Something inside of me, keeps going in its direction, wanting to have the taste of more.

Darkness. It is all around me. Surrounding me and others, who might be here.

"Cassie?" The low whisper echoes in the nothingness, sending chills down my spine. I turn around, seeing no one around. "Cassie?" The voice demands again, but still no one is here. "Cassie?!"

"Cassie!" Someone shakes me violently, waking me up with a jolt. I look straight in the eyes of a person, who is being so violent. Only to be crushed with the hazel orbs, that seem so familiar to me. "Oh, good. You are okay." Michael whispers and sits back, looking at me with worried eyes. "What were you thinking about?" He asks me somewhat agitated and looks at me with disappointment inside his orbs. "I didn't think, you could be so careless. If I didn't come on time, you would have died!"

"But I am okay, now." I shrug my shoulders and even this simple movement sends waves of pain in my whole body. He sighs, shaking his head and making his hair move with the small breeze. I look at him like a mesmerized silly teenager. "Do you want anything?" I ask him after an awkward silence. He looks down at me, his eyes softening for a bit.

"No. I am here to take care of you." He sighs and yawns. "You have overused your powers, standing there for nearly an hour. I should tell you that it was believed to be impossible. Even Fiona couldn't stand so long." Michael whispers, concerned. "I might now know the reason Dark Ones wanted you so bad. You have power, even you don't know about. Gaining you, means gaining a weapon for them. So, we must keep you safe." He whispers and gives me a small smile. "I am looking forward to unleashing your full potential." He whispers lowly to me, sending chills down my spine, before leaving my room.

He stops at the door, looking around once more and turning to me with a small, confused smirk.

"Your room is rather... interesting." He comments and shuts the door behind him, leaving me utterly alone.

Come on, you are not scared of being alone. You just feel sadness, because he left, don't you?

Don't speak nonsense, I don't feel attracted to him at all, Voice. So shut the hell up.

Voice? Who the hell is Voice?

You, duh. I don't know your name. And I am not willing to call you Cassie. It feels as if you are stealing my identity. So, I am going to call you Voice. It's short for Voice Inside Of My Head. And it makes me feel less crazy.

Can't we think of the name for me? I don't like being called Voice... Maybe, Mia? Or I know, what about Violet? Or...

Sapphire?

Sapphire?

Yeah... I... it just popped up in my head... Maybe Sapphire? It somehow might suite you, you know?

I was thinking about Cassidy. I mean, I am still you and my name is still Cassie, so I thought maybe Cassidy would feel right. But as you say it, I like Sapphire better.

So, Sapphire?

Yeah, it is settled. From now on, you do not dare to call me Voice, or I am going to strangle you if possible and kill you. My name shall be Sapphire.