Chapter 2

AN: I'm releasing a few chapters at once since I know my first one was short. One thing I will tell you is expect the unexpected... Alesia isn't a normal rogue.

Desmond's POV: 

"What......what's that smell?" I have never smelled anything more magnificent in my whole life. But as quickly as it came it was gone. I could swear for those couple seconds I thought my wolf was going to take over and completely shift me. "Desmond it's our mate!" Says my wolf with hunger in his voice. "How could you know" I say "the smell only lasted a few seconds." I say as I try to calm the wolf inside of me. Just as I am about to try an investigate further I get a mind link from my beta mike.

"Alpha we caught a rogue on property lines, it's a female we need you here"
"Okay I'm on my way" I link back.

There will never be just one day of peace for me. Being an alpha is one of the hardest things I have ever had to do. I wasn't ready when my father passed away but I had no other choice. I couldn't let my pack know any of my thoughts, I couldn't have them think they have a weak alpha. So I shifted and ran as fast as I could through the forest to our hidden pack house.

"Where's the rogue?" I say as I walk into the entryway. "She's in the basement says mike. "Carlo and a few other pack members are with her." Carlo is my best friend, we grew up together but he is ruthless. Rogues can be bad news, but they don't always need to die. That's where me and Carlo differ.

As I start to walk further into the pack house I can smell it again... now the smell was a lot clearer. Vanilla, and just home, that's the only way I can describe it, but I could also smell she wasn't an ordinary wolf...

I walk down the steps to our basement, its where we keep either rogues or other prisoners before we decide their fate. I slowly walk down the stairs and look over to the furthest cell from the staircase, and that's when I see her.

Bloody, beaten, and bruised.. Carlo knew better, he was supposed to capture rogues and then let me decide the punishment, unless a group came and tried to attack us. This wasn't a group, it was a single rogue and she... she... "MATE" my wolf was yelling inside of me, he was completely out of control, and he was angry, angry that she had been tormented and abused. Carlo was about to throw another punch, I knew he was trying to get information out of her.
"Carlo stop!" I yell as I clench my fists trying to calm and keep my wolf at bay before he rips Carlos head from his shoulders.
"But alpha she's a rogue! We need to know why she's here!" He yells while holding onto her hair and looking at me.
I run over and rip him away from her, "SHE IS MY MATE" I yell out so everyone can hear me.
Carlo backs away "Alpha I am so sorry I didn't know"
I just ignore him and run over to her. She has completely passed out from the beating, and her breathing is shallow, I quickly untie her and carry her upstairs.

Alesia's POV:
I woke up in a cell... the second I opened my eyes, I got this overwhelming pain going through my head, it felt like my head was splitting in two.
"I see your awake now rogue" Carlo says in an evil but quiet voice.
"W-wh" but before I could even get my words out he grabs me by my neck and yells out
"Who sent you rogue?!"
All I could think was rogue? What does he mean by that? He must have mixed something up. Before I could even answer him he threw me against the wall.
"Answer me!" He shouted
"I-I don't know what your talking about" was all I could say. My head was so jumbled and I was in so much pain I couldn't think straight.
He comes over to me and kicks me in the stomach, I can feel ribs cracking, I am in so much pain I just want to die at this very moment.
Carlo leaves me there for a second and I can hear him talking to someone, it was one of the other men down there. I couldn't make out much but what I heard shocked me.
"She's a wolf" Carlo explains to another pack member, "but she is also something much more than that."
Right after he said that I could smell him again.... the man from the forest and in that moment I knew it had to be my imagination... I was going to die I could feel it.
Then everything went black.

AN: will Alesia be ok? Will Desmond gain her trust after what just happened? What is Alesia?
I hope your enjoying my first ever story! Please be nice In The comments 😊