8. Numbers

Jiro's PoV
        I sit in my new room, too anxious to go downstairs and see if anyone else has finished unpacking. Band memorabilia and instruments line nearly every inch of my walls. I only took the ones I've learned to play, but that's still quite a lot. My trusty bass sits close to my bed, where I'll 90% of my free time messing around with an instrument until I get bored of it and move on to the next.
        I probably should have asked for Yaomomo's number by now, but the thought of asking for another girl's number feels... uncomfortable.

Momo's PoV
        My swims as I stare anxiously down at my phone. I've been debating for the last ten minutes on whether I should finally ask for Kyo... Jiro's number. If she wanted my number she would have asked, but I wouldn't put it past her to think the sand thing about me.
        What if she doesn't actually want to talk to me? What if she's just been pleasantly sparking up conversation because she knows I want to talk, but she doesn't actually like talking to me?
        Fuck off, anxiety it's time to bring out my inner power bottom. I calmly sit up from my bed and begin strutting my way toward Jiro's room, hoping no one notices how much I am sweating. My hand hovers before balling its way into a fist and knocking gently on her door.
        "Oh, hey Yaomomo, what's up?" She asks casually.
        She's acting all cute and casual. You need to stop gay panicking over her and make casual words.
         "Hey, I-uh... I was just... wondering if I could have your number?" I stammer.
        "I... sure," she says, adopting my nerves and turning them adorable.
        Her hand pulls out her phone, and I can't help but notice the way she runs one of her nails through the crevices of her phone case. We exchanged numbers, and I could instantly feel a weight lift from both of our chests.
        We could finally talk deep into the night about all of the things we've ever known about the world. I can keep talking to her every second. I want to know everything about her.

Jiro's PoV
        She actually wanted my number? She probably just wanted to text me in a friend way. I place my phone back in my pocket before looking up at her smiling lips. It seems like she's thinking about something she likes a lot. What got her attention?
        "W-well, I'll see you later," I say hesitantly.
        "Oh, yeah! See ya," she begins walking away, appearing very satisfied with herself.
        Is she blushing?