Chapter 3

" I'm burning like a fire, will someone help my pain?I'm drowning above the water, oh, help me breathe againAnd I, I can't let you go, so when you're ready, come back home "

I'm drowning above the water, 
oh, help me breathe again
And I, I can't let you go, 
so when you're ready, come back home "

" I'm burning like a fire, will someone help my pain?I'm drowning above the water, oh, help me breathe againAnd I, I can't let you go, so when you're ready, come back home "

Freya's POV

" So.. Jeremiah.. Please do tell why this young lady here requires our packs assistance.. " Alpha Damian asked while tilting his head as he stared at me. We were now sitting in his office and I was beginning to feel a bit overwhelmed. His pack was huge, this packhouse was enormous, and the power radiating off him was almost twice the amount that Kannon had.

We had arrived only about 30 minutes ago, but the trip was a bit long and exhausting. With me always looking over my shoulder to see if Kannon would pop out of nowhere or with the constant stares of the pack members, things started to be a bit overwhelming. Jeremiah's hand in mine, soothed me as my knee bounced up and down in a panic.

" Alpha, Freya is under threat.. She is a Lycan " He spoke, and Damian sat up as he looked at me more closely. His nose scrunched slightly, and he looked back to Jeremiah.

" Why is her scent so dilated?.. I've only noticed this now. " Jeremiah nodded.

" Kannon is the threat. Her wolf is not able to surface because of him, and until we know exactly what is wrong, she will not be able to showcase her full abilities.. For now, she is unable to shift. " Alpha Damian nodded his head and looked over to me once again.

" Freya, it is clear that you need assistance, so we will keep you safe. We will discuss matters of switching packs soon enough, but you should get some rest for now. You've had a long day.. " I nodded my head.

" Thank you.. so much, Alpha.. " I said respectfully, and he nodded.

" Of course. Jeremiah will escort you to your new home. We have rooms available within the packhouse if that is what you prefer, but our land offers many places to live and work. " Nodding my head, I thanked him one last time, and Jeremiah walked me out of the packhouse.

" This pack is insanely huge.. " I muttered, and he chuckled at me as I gazed around.

" .. It wasn't always like this.. Damian's father started this pack when it was only about 30 members.. Now our lands and people have multiplied increasingly over the years. " I nodded silently, and we continued walking. Looking around, I watched the people of the Blood Moon Pack conversing happily or just going about their daily lives as the sun was setting.