Chap 23 / The First Mission Part 7

I decided that i should not stick with my previous way. I'll try to write all 4 teams here, and beware that it'll switch from time to time. And i'll also try to make it longer. Because when i was writing my other story, "Beerus's Revenge" i usually reach at least 3000 words for one chapter and i ask myself, "Why can't i do this to the other stories also?"

SJU - Shunsui, Jushiro & Unohana

"So? What do you want to show me,.." Footsteps of the King was heard throughout the path he walked together with "Merry?"

The said gunner didn't reply and just continue leading the King to where he's planning to. Truth be told, the King was suspicious without any aides around and here is his strongest General leading him to very well may be his last breath. Not soonly after, the red haired gunner halted by a door and which he opens for the higher ranking person to enter first. "This is where i'll show you." Merry said.

Though having doubts and considering to run, the King entered the room and then followed by Merry who which closed the door after entering. The room is one of the dozens of rooms not being used regularly, but still in very good condition and servants and knights-alike come here pretty often for some time off. It was pretty dark, with only a few candles lit to brighten the room however you could still see a few couches and chairs there.

"I'm not what you think i may be." Merry started and leads the King in one of the couches, offering the seats. "But first, please sit down." The King analyzed the gunner, trying to figure out what he is planning to do. The 8th General, Nicolas Merry is currently the strongest in the King's cards and the King fears that he may well be a part of the rebels and is leading him away from the masses and plotting to murder him. Just what,...Does this man wants to discuss about?

The King then sat down in one of the couches and find it quite comfy, meanwhile Merry sat across a couch that is of the opposite one of the King so that they may face each other while talking. "I'll get straight to the point." Merry announced, and now the King looked straight at the gunner infront of him. "Please tell me the Prophecy"

The King was shocked, why would Merry ask that? Yes it may due to curiosity, however if it is so, then what was the reason Merry dragged the King in a secluded place like this? "Why?" The King only asked that, Merry knows and understand what follow up questions the King would ask and they all start with 'Why?'

"To clear things up, i'm absolutely not an enemy. But, i can't exactly say that i will be able to do my job as your ally." Merry said. "I wish to know what the Death Gods are going to do in this world, even if you don't tell me what that mark is, i only just wish to know what this 'Prophecy' is. So that i'll know i won't hesitate on killing them if needed, Your Majesty. Please understand, I want to change this world. For my comrades and children who died in battle."

At the mention of Merry's children, the King remembered the possible candidates of being promoted into General back then. ETD Mortar who is currently the 5th General, and Arthus Agaris the 4th General are both close friends with Nicolas Merry's son and daughter, Collubus and Lilicaln.
Collubus was the son with a very fierce and brave personality. He will not hesitate to jump in to any fight where justice is needed and many viewed him into something akin to a hero.
Lilicaln, the daughter was a kind and very beautiful maiden, with very lovely abilities, and such her powers can even compete with the others. There was even a rumor that the two tried to court Lilicaln.

The both of them died in battle a week before their official raising to the ranks, it was very unfortunate especially about the matter of the 5th person in their group of friends, Ellias. Ellias is the most silent of the 5 of them, along with his silent personality is a very well matched assassin-like abilities and it was said that he betrayed the Kingdom and killed the entirety of the squadron led by the 3 of them with only him as the sole survivor. However, every wonder in their mind 'Why?', they were about to be Generals and yet why? Was he really the one who killed them? Or is he a victim as well? Nobody knows. And now, Ellias is in the rebel army fighting against them and especially the remainings of his friends. ETD amd Arthus also wondered, if he really was their friend or if he only pretend and seem like he is so.