Chapter Twenty-Four

☽☾

One by one JJ dropped everyone off at their homes until it was only them. JJ turned towards Lu and grinned, giving her a once over. "Where to, señorita?" JJ asked as he took a drag of his cigarette, barely able to sit still. Lu's chest rumbled as she glanced over at JJ and she pumped her fist upwards.

"To the chateau!" Lu exclaimed.

"To the chateau!" JJ shouted excitedly after her as he slammed his foot down on the acceleration. Once they'd made it to John B's house they walked inside, and Lu grabbed two beers from the fridge as JJ rolled a joint out on the porch. Lu walked outside and handed him a beer as she reached into her bag, pulling out a speaker and linking her phone to it, she put her music on shuffle. Lu then turned to JJ, swaying her body from side to side, she closed her eyes, humming as she just enjoyed the moment. JJ watched her, he was jealous of how peaceful and happy she looked. He wished he could be happy like her. Lu snapped her eyes open and grinned as she jumped forward, flopping down beside JJ, taking a swig of her (John B's) beer.

"We're gonna be fucking rich." Lu grinned like an idiot. She was technically already rich but a part of her wanted to spend her money on things she knew Serafina would never let her spend money on. Lu wanted to fuck off out of the OBX and she wanted to do everything.

"You're already fucking rich." JJ pointed out with a grin.

"I mean, you're not wrong." Lu laughed as she tilted her head up, gazing at the ceiling as JJ placed the joint between his lips. "But I could do serious things with this money." Lu nodded, pursing her lips trying to keep herself from laughing as she reached out, grabbing the joint from JJ and she took a drag.

"Like what?" JJ asked as he wrapped his arm around Lu, tugging her closer.

"I don't know yet." Lu smiled up at JJ as he took the joint back from between her lips and he placed it between his lips, taking a drag of it.

"So, hey, you know how we kissed back there?" JJ nervously asked and Lu glanced over at him, a smile sneaking onto her lips as she gave him a once over. "You wanna do it again?" JJ asked and Lu's body launched forward as she burst out laughing. JJ's lips tugged into a frown as he looked away. "You know just fucking forget it."

"No, JJ, it's just-I don't know, that was so smooth. It's kind of cute." Lu teased him as she reached up to pinch his already bright red cheek, JJ moved his face away, whacking her hand away from his face.

"Can you not?" JJ asked.

"Why not?" Lu asked, grinning and moving closer to him, making a pinching motion and JJ kept slapping her hand away from his face.

"Cause I hate it when you do that." JJ exclaimed as Lu laughed and pinched his cheek, tripping and falling on top of him, the two bursts into fits of laughter as Lu was lying on his lap, the two unable to stop laughing. JJ glanced down at Lu and smiled, he reached out, brushing her hair out of her face leaning in. His lips brushed against hers before Lu moved away, staring into his blue eyes. "What?" JJ asked.