Chapter Twenty-Nine

☽☾

Lu kept her head down as she began to walk to where Kiara had told her to meet with everyone. She knew no one was looking for her and she tried to act as natural as possible while drawing as little attention as possible, but it was difficult when she looked like shit and was anxiously puffing away on cigarette after cigarette. She looked into the distance seeing Pope at the pinup board and she looked around before running towards him. "Pope." Lu called out and Pope snapped his head up in her direction, waving at her. She reached up wiping the tear stains off of her face and throwing the cigarette to the ground before stopping in front of him. "Where's J.B?" Lu asked, Pope gestured over his shoulder towards the car.

"You alright? You kinda look like hell." Pope pointed out giving her a once over.

"Thanks, Pope." Lu muttered as she glanced up at the board seeing a poster of John B stapled onto it. Pope ripped it off, looking down at her, he reached out grabbing her hand and dragging her towards the car.

"Oh shit." He muttered under his breath repeatedly.

"Lu!" Kiara exclaimed as she reached out hugging Lu from the window. "What's going on? If everything okay?" Kiara asked looking at Lu who laughed and nodded.

"Yeah, it's fine, have you guys been in the car all night?" Lu asked as she opened the back door and climbed over John B, sitting between him and JJ.

"Yeah." JJ nodded.

"Okay, alright, no." Pope began pacing.

"How much weed has he had?" Lu asked looking to JJ who threw his hands up, shrugging his shoulders. Lu rolled her eyes and shifted in the seat pulling the bag off of her shoulders and throwing it in the back.

"Pope, can you act normal?" Kiara asked as he walked around to the driver's seat.

"So, um...bad news. The ferry's closed and there's this." Pope held out the flyer to Kiara who snatched if from Pope looking down at the wanted poster of John B. Pope then slipped inside of the car, closing the door as Kiara handed the wanted posted to JJ.

"What is that? What is this? What is this?" John B frantically asked, looking up at everyone before his eyes landed on the poster.

"Well, John B, uh, this is a good framer for you." JJ commented as Lu looked over at the picture as JJ held it up for her and John B to see.

"Okay, so the whole island's lookin for John B right now." Pope muttered trying not to freak out.

"That's a lot of money." Kiara pointed out.

"Congratulations, John B, you're famous." JJ handed the flyer to John B, reaching over Lu.

"Guys, we got to get to the HMS. We need small, no running lights-" Kiara panicked, trying to figure out a plan.