2

I went to the café early in the morning, but the woman from yesterday wasn't there. I didn't even get her name because she didn't leave while I was still present. I'm easily irritated, so I'll probably hate her for that poem, but I think it's cute how she also replied with rhyming words like mine. I ordered a coffee and left for work because I didn't see her. I drive to the address Riley gave me, and it appears to be a small house with no neighbors nearby. It will be difficult to get a witness here at that point.

"Prosecutor! Did you get enough rest?" Riley exclaimed as I stepped out of my car. He's probably just cheerful all the time. He takes my bag so he can help me in carrying it inside the house.

"I worked at the café until around 3 a.m., then I went back to sleep," I explained. After that, the café girl didn't say much to me. It does make her more interesting, but I don't want to annoy her. As a prosecutor, I should be well-versed in a person's rights and know where to draw the line.

"Ah, you went to the Kims' café?" I simply nod, as it is likely the only café in the area. "There hasn't been anyone living here for almost 5 months, prosecutor," he said as we walked towards the empty living room, which had only a few pieces of furniture covered in white cloth. The case I'm working on involves a murderer... It's fairly common these days. The suspect was apprehended, but his DNA did not match the blood found at the recent crime scene. We discovered after investigating him that he had just returned from New Zealand on the night of the murder. He cannot, in my opinion, travel from the airport to the victim's home at that precise moment in order to murder her.

We're also investigating whether he has an ally who murdered the victim.

"If no one has been here for 5 months, how come the sheets and floor aren't dusty? It seems too clean, don't you think?" I asked, prompting the detective to nod. "Some police patrol the neighborhood every night, and most of them told me that the lights are always turned off, and there's no noise inside or anywhere." I walk to the other side of the house and turn on the faucet, and water begins to flow. "It should be disconnected if the owner hasn't paid for a couple of months already, right?" He nodded.

"The local investigation team will be here in a few minutes to take a look around," Riley said, prompting me to nod. I'm not sure why the murderer would turn himself in and immediately tell his attorney that he's not guilty.

I went by the café again around noon, but she wasn't there, so I decided to eat somewhere else. Rosie and her friends are most likely at work right now, so I didn't bother returning to the apartment. After lunch, I returned to the house under investigation, and the investigators were already dispersed, looking for fingerprints or pieces of evidence.

I returned to my apartment around 6 p.m. and took a shower. When I got out of the shower, I got a call from Rosie inviting me to join them at church tonight, and since I didn't have anything else planned, I dressed up in whatever decent thing I could find. I went out of my apartment to find Rosie standing there. She immediately smiles at me and waves her hand at me. She drags me out, and I notice Jisoo and Jinyoung standing nearby. Jinyoung clearly enjoys reading, and I see Jisoo does as well.

"What took you guys so long?" Jisoo grumbles as she closes her book to look at us. "Jennie will probably be there any second," she predicts.

"Jennie?" I inquire, as I am unfamiliar with her name.

"Yeah, our friend; we'll meet her later," Rosie says, smiling. We're about to walk when a man runs up to us, carrying a couple of water bottles and handing one to each of us.

"Hi, you're probably Lisa, right?" he said, making me nod as I looked at Rosie to introduce him.

"Oh, he's my boyfriend," she explained. They complement each other well. Before we begin walking, the Chanyeol guy extended his hand, and I gently shake it. Jisoo is right beside me, and Jinyoung is behind us. Rosie and her boyfriend are walking in front of us.