t h i r t e e n

t h i r t e e n
|

I ran into the infirmary, "hi Recovery Girl," I managed to say between breaths. She smiled, "it's only the second day of school and he's already a regular," I managed to smile at her joke, I turned and watched as Deku's chest slowly rose up. "I told him not to go so over board, Kacchan didn't give him time to form a strategy either," I sighed, "he still won though, he's getting better."

I sat beside the bed continuing the small talk with Recovery Girl. Just as I was going to ask about Deku, all might ran into the infirmary his muscle form disappearing. "I almost thought I wouldn't make it," he sighed. "How's the kid?" He asked. "He's doing okay," recovery girl sighed before turning to all might, "you can't spoil the child! I did some first aid but his body isn't strong enough for me to use my quirk," she explained. "We'll have to wait for his body to heal naturally and I'll continue the process tomorrow. You should've stopped the exercise before it even got to this point," she pointed at Deku's fractured arm.

"I'm trying not to," all might retaliated, his eyes fell to his feet, "I know you passed down your quirk to him but you can't just spoil him and let him get hurt like this," recovery girl continued to scold. "Don't say it so loud! Only a select few people know about it," all might sighed as recovery girl shook her head. I sighed, "recover girl, with all due respect I don't think all might would've been able to stop the fight unless he himself got involved," I paused beginning to tap my forehead in thought, "you see, Kacchan would have never listened and Deku...well he probably wouldn't back down either. I grew up with both of them, today was just proof that Deku is really passionate towards his goal."

Recovery girl sighed, nodding in agreement, "I guess so. However, all might make sure you teach him to control that quirk of his." With a salute all might agreed, his eyes once again focusing on his feet. "All Might...thanks for not stopping the fight. I think Deku really needed to prove to himself he could do it, quirk or no quirk. So um...don't worry too much. They both knew what they were doing, otherwise I would've asked you to stop it."

"Wow, you really are like a princess," he laughed. I shook my head, "yeah, yeah," I waved as I placed my elbows on the bed leaning my head into my hands as I did so. "I think Kacchan realized something too," I heard a hummed response, "Deku isn't weak and helpless like he always said. This is probably going to be troubling later."

"I can't help but agree, dark princess."

*

"Deku, you seriously need to be more careful," I sighed as we both walked over to our class. He nodded, "although you did a pretty amazing job," I managed to mumble.

"Thank you, Kan-chan."

As we headed to class, I caught sight of Kacchan turning the corner. "Mm, he must be really upset," I said as Deku opened the door to the classroom. "Midoriya and Takahashi are back," I heard Kirishima yell. "Call me Kana, you don't need to be formal," I managed to smile, popping my head out the classroom once more to sneak a look at Kacchan but he had already turned the corner. I frowned to myself, "uh..mm...Deku I'll be back in a sec," I said quickly sprinting out to chase Kacchan.

I caught up to him just as he was heading out the doors of the school, "how long did you know?" I stopped just a few steps behind him, I sighed, "Kacchan—I"

"How long have you known about this!?" I flinched at his tone, "a while...but you shouldn't get so upset."

"How long have you both been hiding it from me? Tch, whatever. It doesn't matter anyway. He's always going to be a stupid quirkless loser! I'll always be better!" He yelled, turning to me. I stared at him, "he's getting better! Whether you like it or not, he's going to try! He might not be able to beat you now but he's trying!" I yelled back, not as harsh but I yelled nonetheless. My fist balled at my sides as I walked towards him, "you have no idea how hard he worked for this, Kacchan, he's always admired you!" He scoffed and continued to walk, I followed suit continuing to yell at him before hearing Deku behind us.

"I didn't lie about my quirk!" Deku yelled, panting as he caught up to us. "It...it was given to me. But I can't say from who so don't bother asking." My eyes widened slightly as I turned to look at him, is he sure he wants to tell him?

"It's crazy, I know but..I didn't want to use it against you. In the end though, it was the only chance I had at winning...I wasn't trying to.." he paused, as if looking for words. "I'll work until I make this quirk my own, and then I'll beat you with my own power." He looked up, stunned at his own words, I turned towards Kacchan his face holding nothing but anger. "Do you think I'm an idiot? 'Given quirk' you've already made a fool out of me during the exercise, are you here to just rub it in?" He clenched fists, subtle tears beginning to fall down his face. "You won't get away with it too long, I'm only just starting! And you too!" He turned towards me, I stared at him shocked at his outburst.

"Kacchan..." I managed to say before he continued, "I'll be the number one hero! Don't even try to interfere, I'll never get beat by you," he yelled out, this time turning on his heels away from us. I extended my hand to stop him, but my body froze, he had stopped walking looking directly forward. "Kana," a cold voice echoed through the silence. My body tensed, I took a step back just as he began walking forward. Kacchan and Deku both shared a glance before their attention went back to the man walking towards us.

"Father..." my voice squeaked, fear beginning to envelope itself around my body. "Kana, you haven't been home in some time. We need to talk."

|

t h i r t e e n