Lena, Where Have You Bean?

When Lena awoke later that day, she had never felt better. She felt almost like a new person, and her love for Branston beans had never been stronger. She noticed the trail from the bean juices on the floor and proceeded to mop them up, unaware of the events that had occurred beforehand. Not a single bean was still on the floor, just the orange residue, from where Lena, to her distress, assumed she must have spilt some. 

Then, she noticed an uneaten saucepan-full of Branston beans, uneaten and cold, sitting on the hob. Horrified that she would allow her favourite beans go cold, she quickly re-heated them, taking in the aromatic scent that she had always whole-heartedly adored and quickly devouring them after, as if dependant on them for survival. 

Lena felt extra-refreshed and energised so she headed up to her room. It was covered from skirting board to ceiling with pictures of Barry Byles and his old band 2 Dimensions. With all her newfound energy, she felt it was time for a redecoration. She spent the rest of the day taking down pictures of Barry Byles and repainting her room a beany orange that she had colour-matched exactly to Branston baked-bean juice. She then printed a few really good pictures of Branston beans and pictures of her with a can of Branston beans that she proudly displayed above her bed.

Ring, Ring. Ring, Ring.

It was Lena's phone: a FaceTime request from Millicent. Unaware of the reasons for Millicent ending the previous call, Lena answered quite happily:

"Hey! It's been hours, where've you been?-", Millicent stopped dead in her tracks, "What did you do to your room?!" 

"Don't you like it?" Lena's cheeks drooped and her lips quivered, visibly upset,

"Err, yeah, sure.. Look, sorry I ended so unexpectedly before, I just couldn't believe you actually liked Branston beans- everyone always says they're nasty, even you agreed." ,

"I'd clearly never tried them properly- how could I hate a taste that sensational, it was the best meal I've had in years. I feel AMAZING. You haven't tried them yourself?"

"I haven't, they're that nice?" Millicent asked, reluctant to believe her,

"Trust me, you won't want to eat anything else ever. Come over, I'll make some for you- I bought a massive supply today, I want to see the look on your face when you try them for the first time!" Lena's eyes bulged at the thought of having someone to talk to about the joys of Branston beans, converting them over from the disgusting hold of Heinz beans,

"Um.. okay, I'll come over- see you in about a half hour?" Millicent said tentatively,

"Perfect. See you." Lena ended the call, rejoicing, proud that she could enjoy the explosion of flavour that is Branston beans.

She looked across her newly decorated room and caught a glimpse of herself in the mirror, her hair, soft brown with golden hues, shined in the sunlight, the two pieces at the front that she had dyed pink effortlessly framing her face.

Hm, maybe they would look better in orange..