Epilogue

"I'm afraid I'm not feeling well dear. I think I'm going to stay home." Charlotte said watching Laurie get up and start changing.

"What's wrong?" Laurie asked sitting at the foot of her side of the bed.

"I have this nauseating feeling when I standup. I think I just need to rest." Charlotte said as Laurie cupped her cheek. 

"You've haven't got a temperature, and this is the second time this has happened this week. Should I send for a doctor?" Laurie asked as Charlotte sighed.

"No, I'll be alright, but if this happens again.." She said as Laurie nodded and kissed her forehead, before going downstairs to order her breakfast in bed. Once Laurie's grandfather passed, Laurie and Charlotte inherited the estate, and once Aunt March died her estate was given to Jo. She decided to turn the house into a school, and asked all the family to help teach classes. Laurie taught fencing and basic sports, while Charlotte taught painting and other arts.

"I'm going to go over and tell Jo, I'm staying at home today." Laurie said as Charlotte started to protest, but he cut her off. "No, I want to stay home today and take care of you. I haven't missed a day, I'm sure Jo won't mind." He said as Charlotte sighed but nodded.

"Milady, your breakfast." One of the maids said knocking on there door.

"Come in." Charlotte said as the maid came in and set a dinning tray over her lap.

"Can you send another tray in?" Laurie asked the maid as she nodded and curtsied before leaving.

"What?" Charlotte asked smiling to Laurie who almost never ate breakfast with her.

"I want to spend my morning with you. So I'll also eat my breakfast in bed." He said as she smiled and squeezed his hand she was holding. Quite frankly, she was excited. 

Two Months later
"Everyone, we have something to tell you all!" Charlotte said catching everyone attention and as held her husbands hand extra tight.

"We're pregnant!" Both Charlotte and Laurie said at the same time as everyone gasped and ran towards them and gave hugs and congratulated them.

"How far along are you?" Meg asked Charlotte.

"Oh around, 4 months. We found out two weeks ago, right before we came back from Paris." Charlotte spoke as Marmee gave her and Laurie a hug at the same time.

"Well we're all so happy for you." Friedrich said as Charlotte smiled and placed a hand on her small but visible bump as they all moved to the sitting room. 

"Yes, well since Laurie's grandfather passed away we inherited the estate, so we're moving in there." Charlotte said Marmee placed a hand on Charlotte's arm.

"We are all so sorry about your grandfather, Laurie. We're all coming to the funeral." Marmee said as Laurie nods and thanks her. Silence falls upon the group before Jo decides to break the silence.

"Are you available to teach full time then, since you won't be returning to Paris?" Jo asked as the couple looks at each other to try and make a decision.

"Well, yes until the baby's born, then we'll both be taking some time off." Laurie said as Jo smiled and jumped up and down in excitement.

"You're both taking time off?" Amy asked, since it wasn't normal for the husband to take time off when a baby was born, because the husband still needed to make money.

"Yes, I'll stay at home for two months and then get back to work. If that's okay?" Laurie asked Jo as she nodded.

"Of course."

"We're all happy for you both." Father said before Hannah called us in for dinner. As we all gathered around the table. As soon as dinner was done, we all moved back to the sitting room and talked about old times, Beth and her music, and Amy's beau back in France.

Just having a good time together.