After - Part 2

"Celia Lawrence, get back here this instant!" Charlotte said, chasing after her three year old daughter and Laurie walked into the house with there four year old son. "Put your shoes on!" She said, as Laurie swooped up the little girl in his arms and kissed her cheek. 

"What has my little munchkin been up to?" Laurie asked, bopping her nose. As Cameron ran and jumped into Charlotte's arms. "Where are you're shoes?"

"She won't put them on, that's what I've been trying to do for five minutes." Charlotte said, as  she looked down to Cameron, to see he also didn't have shoes on. "Not you too, young man. Put them on." She said pointing to his shoes by the front door, as Cameron nodded and toddled over to put on his shoes.

All the sudden a knock on the door came. Laurie sighed, and stood  up to open the door. 

"Hello is this the Laurence residence?" The young woman asked, looking around to see the two children running around in the background.

"Yes, it is. How can I help you?" Laurie asked, stepping outside to make sure Cameron doesn't run out the door without his shoes.

"I'm here to inform you that Mr. March has unfortunately passed away last night in the hospital in New York.  Mrs. March rung me and asked me to inform you. I'm sorry for you loss." She said, before curtsying and leaving Laurie outside to think.

What is he going to tell Charlotte? She was incredibly close with both of her parent's, but she had a soft spot for her father. He couldn't tell her yet, when they came home from dropping off the kids he would tell her.

"Alright Cameron, Celia! Let's go!" Laurie said, opening the door and gesturing for Celia to jump into his arms.

"Who was it?" Charlotte asked, walking up to Laurie and holding his free hand.

"I'll tell you when we get home. It's hard to explain." Laurie mumbled, not to loud to inform the kids of the news. Charlotte nodded and looked ahead to make sure Cameron hadn't run to far ahead of them. After they dropped off the kids at Meg and John's house, they quickly stopped by the bakery to grab some treats and then made their way back to the house.

As soon as they got back Laurie took off his coat and ran a hand through his hair. He wasn't sure how to tell Charlotte about her father.

"Dear, I think you should sit down for this." Laurie said, grabbing her hands, and moving her to the couch. "It turns out that your father had fallen ill in the New York last night. He was admitted to the hospital last night dear, but unfortunety he passed away last night." He gently said, watching Charlotte's face slowly drop.

"What?"

"The woman at the door didn't say how he died, but he passed away last night. I think your mother is going to call later and tell you more, but I wanted you to be prepared." He said, as Charlotte just sat there, no emotion was expressed, and it scared Laurie. "Come here." Laurie said, engulfing his wife in a hug as she quickly wrapped her arms around him to, and burred her head into his shoulder. He could hear her quietly crying.

A few hours later is when Marmee called informing the couple that her father had died due to a heart attack. She had also called Meg, Jo and Amy a few minutes before so, she had some extra time to talk to Charlotte.

"I'm just glad he got to meet all of his grandchildren." Marmee said, as Charlotte stayed quiet.

"Not all of his grandchildren." Charlotte quietly said, making sure Laurie was out of the room. "I'm pregnant again Marmee. That's why I'm so heartbroken about father's death. I haven't told anyone, not even Laurie. I was going to tell everyone when you came back from vacation." Charlotte sobbed.

"It's okay. I know he would of been so happy to know that the march line is continuing even more. He was always so proud of you Charlotte, he loved you so much." Marmee said, trying to comfort her distressed daughter. Charlotte could hear Laurie returning.

"Quick change the topic," Charlotte said, " so when are you coming back home?"

"In two days. I don't really have any more purpose here anymore." Marmee said, as Charlotte nodded.

"She comes back in two days. We'll be at the station to pick you up." Charlotte said hearing her mother sniff on the other side. "We got to go pick up the children, but we'll see you in two days alright?"

"Okay. Goodbye dear." Marmee said, as Charlotte hung up the phone and covered her mouth with her hand. Holding back a sob, as Lauroe wrapped his arms around her.

He didnt say anything. He didn't need to. Charlotte knew he was there to support her in every way possible.

"The reason I'm so upset is because I found out I was pregnant the other day and wanted to tell Father and Marmee, but now I won't be able to." Charlotte stuttered.

"You're pregnant?" Laurie asked again. As Charlotte nodded and pulled back a little for his gaze to fall on her stomach. "I love you, and will be with you through this."

The funeral was a week later. It was a very big funeral since everyone loved the March's. After the ceremony was all done everyone had started the walk back to the March house.

"Can you give me a minute?" Charlotte asked, as Laurie nodded and pressed a kiss to her cheek before taking the children's hands and walking to the house.

"It's me father, Lottie. I just wanted to let you know that I'm pregnant again. I found out the day before you died actually. I was going to call you but Celia threw up and I got distracted. I'm sorry I never told you while you were still here. I miss you." Charlotte said kissing her finger's and then pressing them against the grave before standing up and making her way towards the house.

As soon as Charlotte  walked thought the door she cleared her throat to make an announcement.

"Excuse me everyone! I have an announcement." She said walking to Lauires side. "I'm pregnant again!"

"That's amazing!" Jo said, running over to hug you then Laurie. "Did dad?" She asked as Charlotte shook her head.

"It's the one thing I regret. Not telling him. Celia threw up so I started cleaning and forgot to tell them." Charlotte rambled, starting to cry. "But it's okay. I took some time and told him."

"Good," Laurie said, "he wouldn't want you to dwell on this forever."

"Let's just focus on bringing this little rascal into the world safely." Amy said, as Jo nodded.

"Indeed."

(Words 1151)
(One more extra long chapter after this! Hope you enjoy!)