➴02

choi yeonjun.

I was seated on my office chair, swaying left to right as my eyes stayed focused on the documentation which laid before me. The clicking sound of my pen hitting continuously against the desk fills the quiet room. As much as I wanted to stay focused on my work, my mind always seams to wonder off to what Beomgyu said. He was absolutely right— I've been single for ages now, of course my parents would want to settle down with someone.

At this point my job is most important to me. besides who would want to date a doctor who spends most of his life at the hospital?

Maybe my parents had this idea that I'm lonely, seeking for love and intimacy, but that was not the case at all! Or was it?

Yes, I've always been having fantasies of being with someone, having someone making me happy— a kind and pretty BOY on my side. Of course I felt the idea and dream was absurd. It felt all to non realistic.

"Holy shit Yeonjun, can you not right now?" I whisper to myself, groaning in irritation due to my absent mind of the things that were really important right now, like my fucking job.

I run my fingers through my hair, gripping it slightly to vent out my frustration. "I need some air..." I breathe out, standing up straight as I shuffled my way to the door. My eyes darting to the round clock which hung against the wall. Great! finally lunch time.

My hand grips onto the door handle swinging it open at an unknowingly harsh force, causing the body which was previously standing behind the door to fall right onto the ground.

"Ow! hmpf-"

All I heard was a whimper from the unknown person, not even baring a single glance as I quickly kneeled down to pick up the folders that had fallen to the ground. My hands moving at an incredibly fast pace, just so that I could just get this out of the way and have my break in peace. "I'm so sorry! Gosh-" The, what I assume, nurse squeaks out, helping me pick up the mess that I've caused.

I suddenly froze my actions, hearing how the voice speaking didn't sound like it belonged to a female at all. I bring my gaze up, meeting eyes with a teary eyed male, who quickly wiped his tears as he saw me looking. He wore scrubs, which of course said he was a nurse working here. Wait, so his the male nurse?

"I'm so sorry, I should've— uhm. My apologies doctor..." He trails off eagerly looking for my name tag. "Doctor Choi." I noticed the small sniffle while he spoke and how he didn't know what he done wrong yet he still apologised. "It's okay..." I state. Something I wasn't used to doing, not losing my shit and going cold on the next person regardless of who's fault it is, was definitely something new to Choi Yeonjun.

The nurse quickly stands up straight, bowing as he continued to say how sorry he was, the files placed tightly against his chest.

"Hey I told you it's okay..." I raise my brow at him as he finally stopped. Looking at me with a pink shaded nose and trembling lips. "Are y-you... crying?" I ask, causing his eyes to widen. My question alone made his face flush even darker than before.

"Yeah uhm... It's okay, I guess it's just first day jitters..." He chuckles nervously, an awkward smile plastered on his face as he didn't dare to look up at me. "The nurse said I have to give these files to you, you have to look through it." He states quickly, completely changing the subject as he handed me the files. A small frown on my face as I looked at the slightly trembling boy.

"Okay... Will do." I reply, my tone sounding extremely sceptical as I continued to eye him with pure concern. It was a really rare case for a nurse to cry on their first day.

"Uhm... Thank you." He says, bowing at me swiftly once again. Just as he was about to dismiss himself, I grabbed him by the wrist. Gently, of course. He looks at my hand that's securing him and then slowly brings his gaze up to me as he stared in confusion, lips in a small pout as he frowned at me.
And what the fuck, I feel like I'm suddenly loosing my mind due to that expression alone.

"Are you sure you're okay?" I hear myself say, a million questions running through my mind not knowing what the hell I'm doing right now. He nods quickly, his black bowl cut hair bopping cutely as he forced a smile. "Yes..." He mumbles, gaze glued to mine while he nervously tucked a few hair strands behind his ear.

I find myself staring at this male for a few  seconds. I'm hundred percent sure there's drool running down my chin at this point.

"I have to get going." He blurts out, gently unhooking my hand from his wrist. "Good day doctor." He mumbles. Quickly jogging away from me.

I stand there completely paralyzed, watching his tall figure dash through the corridor, disappearing overtime. I was most definitely in awestruck.

But most importantly, I keep asking myself 'what the hell has gotten into me?'

ngl, i'm a sucker for love at first sight🥺!
also pls vote and comment, i wanna know your thoughts.

ngl, i'm a sucker for love at first sight🥺! also pls vote and comment, i wanna know your thoughts

~Britney