22 | A Mother's Cut

Chapter Twenty-Two: A Mother's Cut

The Marauders and Faith made their way back to the common room, exhausted yet satisfied

The Marauders and Faith made their way back to the common room, exhausted yet satisfied. Faith was a bit surprised that they got away with detention only and no reduction in house points ㅡ though it was entirely possible that McGonagall was blistering with such a tumult of emotions that it had slipped her mind.

As Faith stepped through the portrait hole a loud yawn overcame her. "Okay well, I'm off to get some sleep," she mumbled tiredly, walking sluggishly towards the staircase. "Ah, my bed... I can hear it calling me..."

"Faith, lesson starts in an hour."

She stopped and turned to pin Peter with a dry look. "Your point?"

With each step the sounds of the boys conversing drifted further away. She caught onto some bits of their conversation ㅡ like Sirius saying, "She's not going to wake up." Damn straight.

"Do you think we should tell her about herㅡ"

James had cut Remus off with a sharp tone. "Absolutely not, she'd skin us. Let's hope she sleeps through it..." Their voices had started to fade into meaningless mumbles at that point, and Faith wasn't bothered to decipher what they were talking about. Her head was still fuzzy from the weird sleep she'd had ㅡ and oh, the fact that she got beaten up by a goddamn tree.

Her hand found the cool metal of the brass handle and pushed it open weakly. "Hey Lils, bye Lils." Faith collapsed face first onto her bed and had almost blacked out in seconds, only to feel someone poking incessantly at her side. She jolted up in irritation, too tired to muster a giggle at the ticklish feeling. If it was Lily trying to convince her to at least change her clothes, she was going to tell her where she can shove it.

"What," she grumbled. Her eyes were slits from a mix of annoyance and fatigue.

Lily raised her arms defensively, backing away a few steps. "I'm only saying this because I don't think you're awareㅡ"

"Get to the point please I want to dream about Hogan Herman."

"ㅡYour hair looks like it's been chopped up in a blender," she said shortly.

Faith felt her brows pinch together in confusion. Her brain felt like mush. "What's a blender again?"

Lily rolled her eyes and swung an arm at the mirror by the door. "Just look in the mirror, will you? And don't scream," she added, moving to cover her ears anyway. Faith raised a brow at her actions, before rolling out of the bed with a sigh and shuffling towards the wall-length mirror.

Seconds later, the entire tower was ringing with screams.

"WHAT THE HELL HAPPENED TO MY HAIR!?"

***