Chapter 2 blindsided

Readers P.O.V
I felt like my whole world had been shattered into pieces as if I've just found the last piece of my shattered mirror and glued all the pieces together and it broke again... I felt numb inside I had a sicking feeling in my stomach that I couldn't get rid of. " Y/N?! " I snapped out of my gaze and felt Kenneth hand on my shoulder his face so concerned for me but my face still stayed the same " Kenneth Husk.... please don't leave me " tears run down my face as I started to play with my wedding ring looking down at it. Kenneth placed both of his hands in mine cupping my cheek making me look up " y/n Husk I have loved you from the day I first saw you at our family dinner, I made a promise to not die in the war... " Kenneth paused for a moment then looked at me " but I also made a promise to this country I would fight for our rights please my love let me fight. Siempre estaré aquí para que te acuerdes de la boda a la tumba " ( yes I'm making him speak Spanish )

" Husk promise you you'll stay alive " my blank face now looking serious " I promise my love " Kenneth kissed my knuckles doing a little bow.

-2 weeks later-

Kenneth has already gone to war and everyday had felt like an eternity every night before y/n went to sleep she would write a bit of her poem it wasn't as great as Philip Hamilton's poems but they were ok ( yes I did reference someone from the musical Hamilton ). Y/n walked into her bedroom it was small but enough for two people she sat at her desk and grabbed a piece of paper from her draw and goose feather and put her small pot of ink next to her feather/pen.

I often sit and think about
the years that have passed by
and of the happiness and joy
that was shared by you and i.
I think of all the laughter,
the smiles and all the fun
and, before I even know it,
My tears have once again began.
For, although it brings me comfort
to walk down memory lane
it reminds me how, without you,
life has never been the same.
( the poem does not belong to me )

Y/n placed her goose feather back in the small pot of ink sighing reading threw her work y/n didn't think before she wrote she just wrote down how she felt and looked threw it later and sometimes not even looking threw it at all, sure baking and gardening past her time and helped her get her mind of Kenneth fighting in the war writing was the one thing y/n was really talented in she was good with words and would often get Kenneth out of trouble when they were younger ( around there teen years ).

( sorry for the short chapter)