2

[Tsukishima]

I caught the volleyball once I glanced at the clock and saw what time it was.

"Tsukki! This isn't a game of catch!" Kuroo called from the other side of the net, Bokuto and Akaashi glancing over at me and to the ball in my hands.

"Shut up Kuroo." I huffed back, throwing the ball and hitting him square in the face to make him topple back with a whine. "I'm meeting up with Tadashi."

"A date?" Akaashi, who was setting for me, looked over at me with a raised brow. I wrinkled my nose in disgust as I grabbed my sports bag and started heading to the door.

"Absolutely not. That would be like dating a little brother, big old nope." I shook my head at him before rolling my eyes. "When are you going to ask Bokuto out though? I'm telling you if you don't, I'll ask him out on your behalf."

"I'll get round to it. Out." Akaashi grew subtly embarrassed at the mention of his quite obvious crush on Bokuto with the guy in question so close. I would genuinely just tell Bokuto myself if Akaashi didn't though, it was getting unbearable by this point.

"Yeah yeah. Kuroo, you're on dinner. It's spaghetti night!" I called from the door, watching him hold a thumbs-up from the floor to show he understood. Then I headed out, pulling my jacket on so that I wouldn't get too could. Yamaguchi and I did indeed stay in touch and visited eachother alternatively every week, it was nice to still see him.

I hurried to the cafe where we were meeting, a small smile on my face as I saw him sitting near the window. I pushed my way into the cafe and Yamaguchi looked over to me, smiling brightly and waving at me as if I didn't already know where he was seated. I walked over and pulled up the seat opposite him, sitting down and dumping my sports bag on the floor next to the chair leg.

"Hey Tsukki, get caught up again?" Yamaguchi mused, playing with the menu between his fingers. I rubbed my neck, shrugging.

"Yeah. Kuroo finished his homework early so he practically begged us to practise with him. Akaashi was there too."

"Oh- I pulled you away? Sorry Tsukki."

"Shut up Tadashi, I planned to meet up with you first anyway."

He smiled and I gave a short smile back before we fell into comfortable conversation. I always felt so at ease talking with Yamaguchi like this, he really was my best friend. We could talk about anything and it could never get boring.
Of course though, there's only so much you can talk about after a week of not seeing eachother, so that brought me onto Kuroo.

"Apparently Kuroo likes someone."

"Oh? Like... Bokuto-san, Akaashi-san like?"

"Not that far, but it's just weird seeing as Kuroo really doesn't do all that much besides volleyball and schoolwork." I leant back. "But he does have some big exam soon so I can see why he's so overworked."
Yamaguchi was giving me a weird look now.
"What?"

"Nothing nothing, it's just funny that whenever we meet up you get to talking about Kuroo-san. 'Kuroo is so good at everything', 'Kuroo can do this and that'.. got anything you want to tell me, Tsukki?" Yamaguchi leaned forward, a smug grin on his face. I hate to say it, but I felt my cheeks turn a little red at his words.

"That's- I'm- shut up Tadashi." I mumbled out, dropping my head into my hands. Yamaguchi laughed at my obvious embarrassment, which only increased it. I'm glad he's gotten more confident don't get me wrong, but it puts me through hell like this sometimes.

"So-rry Tsukki!" He managed between laughs as the flush on my cheeks died down.
I was quite sure I didn't like Kuroo like that, but I still found him attractive. Most people did, afterall.
"Eh. If anything, Kuroo is the one crushing on you."

I looked over at him, head tilted slightly.
"What makes you say that?"

"Well, why else would he only talk to Bokuto-san about liking someone? You guys literally live together, he must really be trying to keep it from you if you've only found out now by accident. The way you put it makes it sound like Bokuto-san has known for a while anyway. So again, why else would he hide it from you specifically?" Yamaguchi shrugged, handing me the menu as he decided what he wanted.

"...Because I'd make fun of him?" I ventured, looking over the menu absent-mindedly.

"When has that ever stopped Kuroo-san before? He's like, the master of not giving two fucks."

"No swearing."

"Sorry Tsukki, but really!"

I paused, mulling over his words for a moment. I suppose he could like me, but then again he probably didn't. It was highly likely that anyone liked me, Kuroo being at the very bottom. I shook my head before looking to Yamaguchi.

"Enough about me and Kuroo. What about you Tadashi? Got anyone you're interested in?"

"I suppose.. but I don't think it's a crush anymore. Might just be admiration..."

"There's more, go on." I decided on what to order and set the menu down to alert a waitress that we were ready. She walked over and we ordered, me picking a strawberry shortcake and Yamaguchi a cookie as well as both of us getting some hot drinks. Once she left I looked over to him again expectantly.

"Nah, not really. The person I like-d is into someone else I think. It doesn't matter though cause I got over them a while ago." He shook his head.

"And yet you've never told me who it is."

He gave me a small, apologetic smile.
"You wouldn't want to know."

I left him at that as we moved onto talk about other things until we'd finished our food and drinks. I walked him to the train station and saw him off before starting to head back to campus. My mind wandered back to Kuroo, as it admittedly did often, but this time it was moreso his chest? Eh? Wow my brain sure does like remembering this embarrassing stuff.. but I'm sure that's normal. Nothing weird about it. Mhm.

Anyway, chest. It was very warm. Kuroo was quite warm in general, like a big hot water bottle.. it was kinda nice to be completely honest. I'd never say that out loud though... now that was way too embarrassing to admit to. Ugh, Yamaguchi's words were really messing with my head.

I should just forget about it.