𝟎𝟓 || 𝐒𝐜𝐚𝐫𝐬 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐆𝐮𝐢𝐭𝐚𝐫𝐬

↻ ◁ II ▷ ↺

↻ ◁ II ▷ ↺

As the faint beeps of her heart rate continued in the background Diana took the time to focus on her right arm. Moving it around the young girl stared at the scars Ivan's whips had left. Starting at the centre of her palm a red line wrapped around her arm seven times before ending at the top of her shoulder. It was almost like a vine, with lines sprouting off in different directions in all different lengths.

The drugs they tried to give her did nothing as the serum flowing through her veins killed any possible effect they could have. Diana made a small joke at one point saying her blood took the drugs as an insult but Pepper didn't like that response.

Three days since the incident had occurred yet the pain was still present. The doctors had informed her that the stitching would be sore for a while but Diana had hoped it would've ended by now.

As she continued to stare at her heavily scarred arm she could feel the eyes of her cousin. It was as if he were admitted to the hospital as well considering he hadn't left Diana's side since she was taken out of emergency surgery to deal with her blood loss.

Pepper came when she could to visit, but was mostly handling the massive storm outside Diana's hospital bed. Tending to every meeting and press conference to wish well to the others hurt and express gratitude for the well wishes they have received for the young Stark heiress's health.

Rhodey was the same. Coming by once to apologise for his involvement, even though it wasn't his fault, and bringing the largest bouquet of flowers possible for the child. Then there was Happy who was very distraught over the situation and made her promise to never get into a car unless he was the one behind the wheel.

He also came bearing gifts, giving Diana enough flowers to make a florist jealous. Then again, Diana swore that every person she had ever said hello too had something sent to her room. Stuffed bears, cards, books and a few balloons. The only person who hadn't sent anything was the Hammers... but then again she understood why.

Diana had tried to get in contact with her friend but Pepper said he most likely wouldn't be allowed to answer. Especially as his father was now being charged for the entire ordeal at the expo. Tony also theorised that Harry would most likely not see her again due to the trial.

The girl slightly frowned at the thought of losing her only friend as she continued to stare at her hand. Moving it back and forth as she suddenly felt another one slip its way around her left. As he gave her a gentle squeeze Diana hummed, "You have to admit... It looks kinda cool," she chuckled.

Tony let out a small sigh as she went on, "I mean the way it spreads like vines... It's cool, right? I mean in a weird way."

Her cousin frowned at the sight of the scar. Nothing but a reminder he would now be forced to see, showing him his failure to protect her. Still he humoured her, "Yeah. Yeah, I guess it looks pretty."