Chapter 4. Citra's POV

During maths, we are given a test to do, which is a piece of cake. I guess the nights of studying during the summer break payed off. Since I finish earlier than the vast majority of my 38- student class, I took out 'War and Peace' and read for the remainder of the period. Well, I was trying to read, but in reality, I was surveying the other 37 kids I was stuck with for a year. The most memorable ones were an Arab girl with a long bob, and a cute boy that was groanin- Citra, stop! Since when have you described boys as 'cute'? It's not usual for you to use slang. Plus, boys at this age are just so immature!
I realise I've been staring at him. I blush and look away, but it's too late. He saw me.
When the bell rings for second period, I walk out of the classroom as fast as I can without running, my pulse in my throat.
{A/N
I'm really sorry for the extremely short chapters, but I've had a bad case of writer's block this week. If you have any ideas for this fan fiction, please share them with me and if I happen to use your idea, I'll name you in the author's note at the start of the chapters. Thank you so much for reading, it means a lot to me. I'll write longer chapters for next week, that's a promise. All characters belong to Neal Shusterman.
Your author,
Esme}