Chapter 22

The three of them entered the car.

"That was no typical vampire was it? She tore her victim's throat!" Crow exclaimed.

"Well it was a typical one. Some of them don't only drink blood but, if they want to, will also rip apart the throat."

Crow gasped, he never heard of such a thing in any movies or television series he's seen.

Jane began to drive.

"Mistress I believe it's time for him to become registered as your house's follower."

Airi looked at Jane, "Yeah I'd say it's time too." She turned to Crow. "Show me your arm."

Crow did as he was told. It was then that he noticed that her canines began to elongate. She pricked her index finger on a sharp fang and flipped his right forearm and let three drops of blood fall onto his wrist. He felt a burning sensation begin on the spot. Sharply inhaling the air, he winced at the pain, holding his wrist. When the burning ceased he looked at his wrist. There was now what looked to be a tattoo. It looked to be an emblem within a circle and at the center were what looked to be writing. Only it was in a language he hadn't seen before.

"What is this?" he asked, not taking his eyes off the new mark he received.

"That is my family's crest, only slightly edited to show that I am your master." Airi replied.

"Does she have one too?" Crow gestured toward Jane.

"She has a name." Jane shot from the driver's seat, glaring at him from the mirror.

"Does Jane have one too?"

"Yeah she does." Airi answered as Jane lifted her right arm, showing the crest.

Crow looked at it then at his. They were identical in every way. I don't know if it was worth the pain of the burn though. What will this do for me?

Airi looked at Crow, she could tell that he had something going through his mind. "If you're wondering what that's for, it's so that you don't become mistaken for a Stray." She looked forward before continuing. "And it will disappear if I am to die."

Crow looked in shock at Airi. "Are you serious?"

She nodded.

"Well then I won't allow you to die then. I don't want to become like that girl, slaughtering a human just for the hell of it."

She looked at him, smiling ever so slightly, "good, then you can become my knight."

He laughed a little, "now you're just joking."

They suddenly came to a stop. "You're home now." Jane said, ice coming from her voice.

"Alright then. I'll be going." He had opened the door when Jane spoke again.

"She's serious about the knight thing too."

He got out of the car. Oh... He closed the door and the car went speeding off. He sighed. I'm totally worn out. Strays are scary creatures.