CHAPTER 17: Who's Her

JIHYO'S POV

"Where? Can you just describe her?" I asked Chaeng

"I don't know her but she's the one that you've pointed on the picture" Chaeng answered

"The one wearing a red skirt entering the clinic"  she added.

"No it's not her. I know who are you referring in to but it's not her" I reassuringly said

"Great, then we can push through with the appointment" she quickly said.

----
After a few minutes we're here at the clinic's lobby since we are waiting for the doctor. Her assistant said she's just on an online consultation real quick so she asked us to just wait.

"Did you talked to Tzuyu?" Chaeng suddenly asked.

"Yeah. She just said that she'll go back" I simply replied

"I see"

"You guys can come in now" the doctor's assistant interrupted our talk.

We just both nodded and enters the room while Chaeng's holding Nayeon's wrist.

"Nayeon?" someone uttered once we entered

Obviously, it is not the doctor since she's just smiling while signalling us to take a sit.

I looked at the couch and found the girl that we have seen earlier sitting on it wearing her shocked face.

I'm literally puzzled right now. Chaeyoung's right earlier, she's Nayeon's bestfriend in middle school.

"She's my daughter. Just don't mind her" the doctor suddenly stated.

"What happened? Who's your patient mom?" she asked

"Im Nayeon, why?"

"Can you tell me what happened? Why is she with you? Did your friend Jeongyeon did something, like a revenge? Did she do something without even knowing the real story?" She unendingly asked while slightly shaking my arms

I just plainly looked at her without even answering.

"Jisoo, please go out. They are here for a consultation" her mom said

Luckily, she immediately followed her mom so she went out of the room.

"I'm sorry about that" the doctor apologized

I just nodded as my response.

"Can you tell me what happened?" She asked

I quickly signalled Chaeng to give her details about Nayeon for  quick assessment .

"She looks so lost and her way of talking is odd and at the same time she's afraid of little things" Chaeng explained.

"To be honest, she's not our friend rather she's our friend's enemy, it may sound immature but back in middle school she always makes sure that Jeongyeon, our friend, will never have a happy moment. I just don't understand why right now she's fond of Jeongyeon. She likes being with her right now which somehow gives us an idea that she might be faking it, she might up for something again. Bottomline, she is not like this before" I explained.

"I need to run some tests and evaluation with her" the doctor said

"Can you come with me for a moment, Nayeon?" She asked while sincerely smiling

"N-no. Please noo. Don't hurt me" Nayeon said while tucking her head to Chaeng's shoulder

"I won't hurt you sweetie"

"Would you mind putting down the silver pen that you are holding?" I asked her.

Thankfully, she followed my advise and quickly put down her pen.

"We'll just talk, Nayeon, okay?"

"Chaeng, can you accompany her to the room?" I asked Chaeng since Nayeon's clinging tightly on to her arms

"Alright"

I have a lot of questions right now. I wanted to know what's the real story that Jisoo have mentioned earlier but I'm so dumb that I was puzzled earlier to even ask her what it is about.

I know this is out of my concern since Nayeon's not even our friend but I somehow wanted to get the answers for all my questions and curiousities.

(A/N: I'm really sorry for the late update guys. Anw More and More SOTY)