New life

It's the first day of middle school. Whole new school whole new life. I walk in through the crowded hallways and to my locker. I put my stuff in the locker and walk to my first class. As I walk in I can see that everybody knows what they're doing and has tons of friends. You see I've never been good at making friends. I was diagnosed with Aspergers at a young age and pretty much always kept to myself. Here and there I would let the people into my life that I really trusted. The ones that made me laugh. The ones that were there for me in the hardest times. Today was different though today was hard I need to be ready for anything. Who knows, two seconds from now I could be either getting bullied or trusting someone so much to let them into my life. As I think through how I'm gonna handle either situation, a girl sits beside me. She has long brunette hair, and she's wearing, an oversized t-shirt, ripped jeans, and converse. She looks at me and smiles. Her smile is beautiful.                                                                                                                     

"this is so weird right?" she asks.

I don't say anything. She looks away probably embarrassed. I feel bad I know I should say something but I can't bring myself to do it. No, No, Aaron you're gonna say something.

"yeah Middle school is interesting,"  I say.

She looks at me and puts out her hand.

"I'm Veronica. But you can call me Roni," she says.

"I'm Aaron," I say taking her hand to shake it.

I look at her and smile. But my smile fades

"What's wrong?" she asks

"Oh nothing it's just I'm sorry I didn't answer you. You see I have Aspergers and I kind of don't like talking to people," I say

I don't know why I told her that I've never been that quick to tell someone I have Aspergers ever before. But I don't know there's something about this girl that makes me feel like I can trust her so much more.

"Oh well you know what. You're my friend now Aaron and know you can talk to me anytime!" she says

That makes me feel a lot better. We talk a little longer before the teacher walks in. We get through that class. And as we're walking out I tell her that I'm nervous to not have a friend in my next class. She reassures me that if I can get through that class we can sit together at lunch. I feel a little better knowing that but I still am worried. As I walk to my next class I keep my head down and start to tear up. I'm super anxious. A kid sees me crying and puts his hand on top of my books and slams them to the floor. I try to keep all my tears back. It's really hard. As I start to pick up my books. I see someone else out of the corner of my eye helping me. I look up to see a boy. He's wearing a long t-shirt and ripped skinny jeans.

"thanks" I mutter.

"No problem!" he says as he pick the last book up and puts it in my stack.

"I'm Kian by the way!"

"I'm Aaron," I say and put out my hand.

"Cool Name!" he says "hey and I'm here for you bro those dudes are mean as hell. Just ignore them and stay strong okay?"

"Okay" I say

We say goodbye and I walk away knowing I have another friend that is gonna have my back!