Chapter 16: Free at last

I made it to the woods only to come face to face with Luka. He winked at me and I rolled my eyes and walked away.

  "You won't be able to avoid me tonight Marinette. Our wolves will be drawn to each other. It's our destiny to mate!" He called to me as I walked away. I literally threw up in my mouth when he said that. God I hate him. 'Thank goodness I'm in the forest. If I actually end up puking, I can just cover it with leaves.'

                                    *~*~*~*~*

  Marinette made her way to the middle of the forest and started to remove her clothes from her body and fold them up.

'I always hate stripping down. It makes me feel vulnerable.' She thought.

  'Would you rather tear up your clothes and walk home naked then?' a familiar voice asked.

'Selene? Is that you?' Marinette thought.

  'Of course it's me. No one else is in your head besides me, or are you hearing voices? Because if you are hearing other voices besides mine, that might be cause for concern.' Selene responded.

Marinette rolled her eyes. 'No you're the only voice that I hear Selene.' She said. 'But why am I hearing you now? I've never heard from you during other full moons.' Marinette said.

  'Now that you know that I exist, I can finally communicate with you without a struggle. I've always been here, but you could never hear me.' Selene explained.

  Marinette nodded in understanding. 'So what exactly do you do?' She questioned.

  'I'm your soul sister and inner wolf. When you transform, I'm the one that controls your body and actions. You're just the co pilot.' She responded.

Marinette widened her eyes in shock. 'But wait, if that's the case, then why did you save Adrien that night? Because I thought that it had been my decision to protect him.' Marinette questioned.

  'All will be explained to you soon Marinette. For now, the time for talk is over. It's starting.' Selene responded. Marinette nodded and finished undressing. 'Let's get this show on the road.'

*~*~*~*~*

After transforming into my wolf form, I took off running. With the moon lighting my way and the wind rushing through my fur, I ran through the forest, feeling completely free.

  Now that I knew that Selene was in control, I felt a sense of peace. I've only known of her existence for a few hours, but I already trust her completely. I just sat back and relaxed as Selene led us through the trees and off into the night. I think that I'm gonna like having Selene around, even if she'll always know what I'm thinking.

                                   *~*~*~*~*

~four hours later~

Marinette/Selene had been wandering the forest for hours, releasing pent up energy and they were starting to get tired.

  They came upon a familiar lake and started to drink from it. The water was so cold and crisp, it was absolutely delicious to the taste. This was the first peaceful full moon that Marinette had experienced in a while and she was determined to make the most of it.

After taking a drink of water, Selene/Marinette rolled around on the forest floor having fun. Their fur was covered in dirt but they didn't care, they were finally enjoying a full moon. Unfortunately, the fun ended all too quickly when a deep and menacing growl was heard.

   They got up off the ground and came face to face with a big black wolf, with glowing yellow eyes. He had a ferocious look on his face and a sinister intent in his eyes. It was Luka.