One

𝐓𝐡𝐞 summer had once more come to an end. Wich only meant that the Di Angelo family had to leave the beautiful country where they spent the last 3 months. Like in every other year the family spent the summer in northern Italy. That is where Mr.Di Angelo's family is from. He met Mrs. Di Angelo when he decided to move to Canada to experience new things, meet new people, and see other places in this wide world that we live in. In Beatrice's eyes their love story was quite fascinating and definitely, the most romantic and true she had ever heard of. She could only hope to find a love half as extraordinary as theirs one day. Now that they're back in Avonlea and school starts the next day her deepest desire was to leave and go back to her friends in Italy that she so dearly already missed. Even though she missed her friends in Avonlea deeply she longed for one more adventure before the boring and simple life in Prince Edward's island started once again.
"Trixieeee" calls her little sister standing at her doorframe "mother is calling you downstairs. I think she said you have 6 minutes to leave or you will be late for school."
"Thank you, Ginny, I will be down in a second. Is Elliot awake?"
"yes, he is playing outside with the puppy." The little girl said with a playful smile that made the older sister sure that the girl wanted to go play with her twin as fast as she possibly could.
"Alright peanut" Beatrice said while softly placing a kiss in her little sister's head "Have a good day!"
When she got to the kitchen she quickly grabbed something to eat and kissed her mother goodbye before promptly leaving the place she called home.

All the walk to school was made at a quick pace and in complete silence. When she arrived at school she rapidly spotted her dear friend Ruby talking with Anne and Diana. They waved at her as she walked closer, a smile on her face as she realized she missed them more than she thought.

"Wow! Is that Di Angelo? She surely got cutter over the summer" The other boys sent not so discrete looks towards her as she walked by and agreed. "Who?" "What do you mean "who?", Andrews? Beatrice. You know. Short, Italian, curly hair" "Oh. Yes, I think I know who she is." "Well, if you didn't you sure do know bud" the boys laughed as the bell was heard making everyone come inside.

The morning went by smoothly. At lunchtime Anne, Diana, and Beatrice decided to join Cole who was sadly eating by himself with only his drawings as company. She never really talked to Cole but that moment she felt like that was the start of something special and she couldn't be happier.

"So you are still here? I though the Cuthberts would have got sick of looking at you by now" That was what Beatrice heard as she was leaving the classroom. When she saw Billy Andrews talking to her friend like that she could not resist going over there and displaying her anger around in a way only she could. "Stop! I said stop!" She yelled at the boy while getting in between him and Anne as he gave her a confused look. "What do you think gives you the right to say such awful things to Anne?" The Andrews boy tried to say something but got interrupted by the very angry girl looking up at him. "Don't you have anything better to do, Andrews? Like, I don't know, looking at a mirror and complimenting yourself? Or perhaps going terrorize some children or whatever it is you do in your free time!?" She gave an irritated look at the boy before grabbing Anne's hand and leaving with Diana running behind them.
"Thank you, Trixie. You didn't need to do that."
"Oh I definitely did. I just couldn't stand Billy and his friends anymore. If no one puts them in their places they will never stop behaving as they do."
"I believe there is truth in that" Diana agrees "I strongly believe that it is good inside everyone and that some people just need someone to help them find it. And even though I usually have a strict "treat people with kindness" policy I think that Billy needed to hear it."

Meanwhile, as the three girls walked away with their head held high Billy stood speechless for the first time in his life as his friends either laughed at the bold girl or also stood shocked. Never in a hundred years would he imagined a girl would talk back to him like that. Especially not a girl that had never been anything but quiet and nice to everyone as far as he could remember. Something inside of him said that that girl in a yellow dress walking quickly away from him was special.