Paint it Black (⚡️Mild TW//suicide/hanging⚡️)

We all set off and walk on our way to school. I look over at my best friend skipping to school, showing that they are having a great morning. I look over to see Sam and Grian chatting and Taurtis seeming silent. I walk over to him and say "So, it's a nice day isn't it?"

"Yeah it really is. The trees look really pretty even though they just started to bloom," Taurtis tells me. I haven't seen the trees yet but I look up and see the marvelous pink cherry blossom trees which make me feel as though I am in a utopia. Taurtis sees my reaction and smiles. After a few seconds of staring in awe, I come back to reality and gush: "These trees are the most beautiful ones I've seen. It gives off such a calming vibe!"

"The trees tend to give everyone good feelings. But even though they are calming, sometimes the school gives off the opposite effect," Taurtis uttered, which made me confused. I wondered if he was saying that the school was crazy or that something strange had occurred. I decided not to think too much into it seeing that would only make me more anxious. Taurtis and I chat a little more until we reach the school. We all head upstairs. I contemplated asking the boys what happened with the boarded up room but I decide to ask them later. I trot into the classroom and take my usual seat behind Sam. Ms. Okami does role call and announced our activity of the day.

"Alright students, today we are doing a drawing activity! Get with a partner and choose who is going to draw first. You must draw a person and a background. The first person to draw will draw a person or an animal and the second person will draw the scenery. Once you finish, hand it in and we will vote on who's is the best," Okami voiced, leaving us to form our groups ourselves. I contemplate about whether to pair up with my best friend or with one of the boys. I decide to tap Taurtis on the back which caused him to flinch a little as he turned around.

"Oh hey (y/n), do you want to be my partner?" Taurtis beams.

"Yeah I was just going to ask you that!" I exclaim with a smile on my face. Taurtis and I take a paper off Ms. Okami's desk and we proceed to sit in the back of the class. We both ponder for a minute before Taurtis asked "Who is going to draw the person, because if I'm doing it then don't expect it to be good."

I lightly chucked and responded "I guess that means I'll draw a person but don't expect it to be a Mona Lisa." He nods as he gives me the paper. I get to work as I start making the guidelines. Time passes as I work on the face and it's physical features and move downward to the rest of the body. I finish as I look at my drawing. It is a boy with slightly curly black hair and a strand of blond hair in the front. He has a pale complexion and green eyes yet are shown to have some gray mixed in with them. He has a septum piercing and a black t-shirt with lightning bolts on it. He is also wearing black knee high shorts and black vans. He is shown to be slouching and sitting down with an emotionless expression and holding a middle finger up on his right hand while his left hand is on the floor. I give the picture to Taurtis as he stares in awe. His eyes look like they are going to bulged out of his head as he turns with his mouth wide open.

"This is amazing (y/n)! We are for sure going to win with this!" Taurtis babbled as tried to figure out what he was going to add to the drawing. He had an intense stare as though he looked like he didn't want to add more. He sighed and covered up the paper as he drew more onto the paper. A while has gone by and Taurtis finally hands me the paper. He seemed to draw a chair that the boy was sitting on. He also drew an ocean and a sunset. It was decently done as I smile at him.

"I really like what you've done Taurtis. The sunset really adds contrast to the dark clothes the boy is wearing," I gush as Taurtis's smile gets very big. The overall quality of the drawing is great and I agree with Taurtis on the fact that we might win. I hand in the drawing and I head back to Taurtis. I realize we still have about an hour and a half before class is over so I start a conversation with Taurtis.

"Why is the classroom next door boarded up?" I ask Taurtis. "What, did a murder occur?" I chuckle at my joke. Taurtis clearly doesn't seem to laugh at my joke, so I quickly stop laughing and stare at him.

"You're right about that (y/n). Technically no one was murdered but the teacher hung himself in the classroom and it hasn't been used since," Taurtis concluded as I had a shocked face.

"Oh...I didn't know," I stammered. I'm surprised they didn't just dispose the body and use the classroom but then again it has to be at least slightly traumatizing to see your teacher hanging from the ceiling. I decide to change the subject as I say "What do you guys do when you're not in school?"

"We do a lot of different things. Most of the time we stay home and play video games but sometimes we go out to eat or to go to the park. The park is the main hangout spot for all of us in this town," Taurtis explains.

"How about one day we all go to the park? My best friend and I haven't seen it yet so it would be nice to explore more of town," I conclude as Taurtis nods.

"We could go sometime at the end of the week. I was going to say today but I remembered that you just moved in so you probably have some unpacking to do," Taurtis chuckled as he rubbed the back of his neck.

"That sounds good, I can't wait!" I exclaimed. The weekend couldn't come any sooner.

☆彡

An hour passes as Okami announces for everyone to hand in their assignments. It finally hits me that people are going to be judging and critiquing our art and the anxious slowly builds up inside of me. I can't believe I completely forgot about that part of the assignment, but it is what it is.

I look at the various artworks displayed on the chalkboard. Sam and (bf/n)'s one was a slightly decent bunny in a forest. The one next to that was Grian and Ellen's drawing. It was a girl staring at the stars. It was a nice drawing and the colors were nicely blended.  I'll have to find this Ellen girl and tell her I like her drawing because it was captivating.

The rest of the drawings were alright, except this one by Dom and Invader. Although I'm not the best at art, it literally looked like a two year old could do better. It was horrendous to say the least. We all vote and Ms. Okami writes the votes. In third place was Sam and (Bf/n)'s bunny drawing. In second place was mine and Taurtis's drawing. Finally in first place was Ellen and Grian's drawing. Although I'm disappointed that I didn't win first, I'm happy I at least got into the top three. I congratulate Grian and Elen on winning as I hear Sam yell across the room "I beat you Dom take that!" I hear the so called "Dom" guy grumble and scream "People just don't understand my art! At least I didn't draw a bunny like you, bunny boy!" I stared in shock as the bell rang. All of us awkwardly shuffle out of the classroom and downstairs into the cafeteria. I'm not understanding why Dom called Sam "bunny boy". Like I see his hat, but the ears are fake so I guess Dom doesn't like the hat that much. I think about the topic a little more as I head over to my table.