14

Jaemin waited in front of the building, kicking a rock randomly as he pretended not to be worried out of his mind. He and Jeno had figured out a time, and Jaemin was praying that he wasn't being played.

And if he was, Jaemin had pepper spray, and a Jisung in a bad disguise across the street to make sure he was okay.

Leaning against the wall, Jaemin pulled out his phone, scrolling mindlessly through Instagram before a voice startled him. "Na Jaemin?" The voice was soft, and sounded very nervous, so Jaemin risked looking up.

Immediately the breath was knocked out of him as he met the sparkling eyes of one Lee Jeno. "Hi." Jeno said softly, his cheeks bright red as he adverted his eyes and chewed on his cheek. "I'm Lee Jeno."

"Oh," Jaemin managed, trying not to choke on something. "You're real."

"Yeah," Jeno laughed awkwardly. "And you're real. That's hard to believe."

Jaemin looked over at Jisung, who looked at him, his no face costume making Jaemin roll his eyes but give Jisung a thumbs up. Jisung gave a thumbs up back before getting on a skateboard and skating off, making Jaemin roll his eyes and turn back to Jeno.

"I was thinking an arcade and lunch?" Jaemin asked, and Jeno nodded shyly. "Where's that confident boy who asked me to meet up?" Jaemin teased, and Jeno flushed even redder.

"I honestly thought you weren't going to show up, or you were a catfish." Jeno managed. "But you're here. And you look really good. Like, amazing."

"Thanks. I took seven hours to figure out this outfit." Jaemin said sheepishly, making Jeno giggle. "Jisung was annoyed."

"Most brothers would. I know Mark was annoyed. I kept texting him because I was nervous." Jeno smiled, and Jaemin felt his heart plummet to his feet. Who gave him the right to be so captivating? "Unfortunately my clothes are what I had on this morning, I tried to wear something nice but I was also in a rush because I overslept."

"I think you look good in anything," Jaemin blurted, and Jeno smiled, holding out his hand.

"Shall we? I figure you'll be leading."

"I will," Jaemin chuckled, grabbing Jeno's hand and lacing his hand with the blushing model's. "We'll be going to Gamegol Son Wangmandu."

"What is that?"

"Dumplings and noodles!" Jaemin enthused. "They're really good, and I like it there." Jeno just nodded, taking in the smile on Jaemin's face and the cute way his nose wrinkled as he remembered the directions. "Luckily we're close to Namdaemun Market, so that means we're close to Gamegol Son Wangmandu."

Jeno could only nod, watching as Jaemin kept walking and pulled him closer when it got busier, making it so Jeno pitched forwards, letting out an embarrassing squeak when Jaemin caught him easily. "Falling for me already I see."

Feeling a rush of courage from somewhere, Jeno looked up at Jaemin and raised an eyebrow. "So what if I am?"

"Even better," Jaemin winked, trying to hide his blush as he helped Jeno get upright.

"I can see your blush." Jeno remarked, only to be pulled closer once again to Jaemin, and Jaemin smiled.

"All thanks to you." They arrived a few minutes later, and Jaemin quickly ordered, looking at Jeno who was just staring at the menu. "Jeno? You have to order."

"Whatever you got is good," Jeno muttered, and Jaemin nodded, ordering the same thing. When Jaemin pulled out his wallet, Jeno immediately protested and tried to pay, only for Jaemin to beat him to it with a smirk.