[1] ♡ bonds

Friendship didn't come naturally to either of them. (Y/n) was an Uchiha, and certain things were expected of her as the first child of Fugaku. She knew with a certain amount of knowledge that the world was messed up, children were forced to take part in wars they had no reason to be in, and courageous people were outcasted because they made a moral decision. The way of Shinobi was depressing, something Uchiha (Y/n) loathed, but she was expected to be one. She knew of Hatake Kakashi and what happened to his father, what the ninja way forced that poor man to do and she felt a cloud of guilt and pity surround her whenever she thought of how that brave man was pushed so far. That was why she had gone up to the silver-haired boy and introduced herself. (Y/n) was an awkward person outside of her training, her social skills near nonexistent, but set knew that she needed to talk to that depressed kid that she sat next to in the academy every day. It ripped at her heartstrings and she couldn't help but think about her little brother whenever she saw him.

"Uh, hi, I'm Uchiha (Y/n)." That had been the first words that she spoke to Hatake Kakashi and she felt dumb afterward. The silver-haired boy just kind of looked at her, not saying anything. His onyx eyes widened a little bit and he tugged at the dull-colored scarf that was wrapped around his neck. Just as (Y/n) thought, that kid was just as awkward as she was, it wasn't helping either of them. Though she never pegged Kakashi for the shy type, she didn't believe he was in the slightest.
"... why are you talking to me?"
That had been what his response to her was, and she didn't like it in the slightest.

She didn't attempt to even look at that jerk for the next week, and he felt pretty bad about it. Itachi, though still very young, could tell that something was bothering his older sister. She was close to graduating from the academy which meant she would be put on a three-person team, and that meant that she wouldn't be home as much. As selfish as it may have seemed, Itachi wanted her to be a little attentive to him before she went and started to ignore him. But still, seeing his sister like that was upsetting.
Itachi tried his best to cheer her up, but he wasn't exactly very good at doing things like that.

He wasn't sure what he was supposed to do. It wasn't the fact that she went up to him and was trying to be his friend, it was that she was a girl. He figured that the Uchiha girl wasn't girly, but what if she was? How was he supposed to deal with that? She was awkward, like him, and she focused in school, like him. They were alike in many ways, and it would be nice to have someone to talk to, but he didn't know how to fix his stupidity. He didn't mean for his response to sound so rude, but it did. Even that stupid kid Obito pointed out to him that he sounded like a total jerk. Kakashi knew he messed up bad because for the next week she wouldn't even look at him.
Truly, he felt bad.
Obito and Rin, while working on a project, suggested that Kakashi do something nice for her.

"She may be a tomboy," Rin started to say, her brown eyes glancing over at the dark-haired girl across the room. She didn't seem to be very graceful, tape sticking to her fingers as she fiddled with two pieces of construction paper. She was doing the project by herself, no one even near her little corner in the room. "But you should get her some flowers as an apology. Flowers aren't girly and I think anyone would appreciate getting some." Rin said, looking back at Kakashi only to realize that he was deadlock looking at (Y/n). He looked focused and it was almost scary.
"Flowers? Like... the kind that you get out of the ground?" Obito questions, his nose crinkling as he looked over at (Y/n). She seemed to notice that her three classmates had been looking at her because once she locked eyes with Obito she slammed her body around so they would only see the back of her dark shirt as she hunched over the piece of paper she was working on, the famous Uchiha symbol stitched neatly into the back of her shirt.
"What other kinds of flowers are there? Are you stupid?"

Kakashi was harsh.

Kakashi had taken Rin's suggestion, and that had lead to a friendship of sorts between the two. He'd learned a lot about the Uchiha. For one, she was a prideful older sister. If Kakashi gave her the chance, which he did quite a lot, she'd go on and on about how amazing her little brother Itachi was. It seemed to Kakashi that she didn't care that her brother had more potential than her, she didn't care because she was just that supportive. Uchiha Itachi, according to his older sister, was a complete and utter genius. Of course, becoming one of her friends came with that supportiveness that she was so intent to give. Along with Itachi, the only other person (Y/n) called a genius was Kakashi.
He tried to be humble, he did, but that was hard. Constantly being complimented by someone that was seen as near royalty (at least by the Uchiha's) was somewhat of an ego booster.

In short, they were best friends, and Kakashi had a huge crush. There was only one real obstacle in his goal in straight-up marrying (Y/n) was their age... and Itachi. Despite his age, Itachi was sure that his sister deserved someone better than Kakashi and it irritated the silver-haired boy beyond anyone's understanding.

She had a protective seven-year-old following her around.