1

The stars lit up the dark night sky. Water crashed against the metal siding of the ship as the waves guided the heavy ship forward. Hotaru smiled to herself as the gentle rain hit the main deck. She walked to the ledge of the ship and admired the moon's beauty.

She sat criss-cross taking in the light the moon gave off, taking long deep breaths. Listening to the rainfall, the water, the silence of the night, the peace of the world. Meditating reminded the young girl that there was infact still peace and beauty within the world. The rain that fell down her face and soaked her clothing made her grateful for what she had. Her hair, drenched in rain had stuck to her face, yet that did not bother the beautiful girl. The rain made Hotaru seem like she had the world to herself, no one bothered coming outside to the main deck while it rained. She was infatuated with the cooling sensation the water had brought to her.

Deep in meditation, Hotaru did not hear the heavy footsteps approaching her from behind. Zuko stopped behind Hotaru, staring at her petite figure sitting on the ground. "What are you doing?" The Prince asked in a monotone voice. Hotaru breathed in, exhaled, and opened her golden eyes. Hotaru slowly stood up before quietly replying, "Meditating". The banished Prince rolled his eyes as he did not understand the foolishness of her nature. "You will get sick" he snarled at the girl. Hotaru teased, "Aw, is Prince Zuko worried about me?" The girl turned around, facing Zuko. Her long, silky blonde, almost white hair stuck to her wet skin and clothes.

"Whatever, get sick for all I care." Zuko rolled his eyes and stormed off to his room. Hotaru smirked and walked to the rail of the ship. She took one last deep breath, embracing the beauty of the full moon and rain before walking to her room.