2

Hotaru eyes snapped open and she yawned looking around her room. Her room was nothing special, just your basic fire nation ship room. She stretched and placed her feet on the floor. Reaching for her robe, she tied it in a tight bow. The red, silk fire nation robe showed her curves nicely. Her long hair was then put into a messy bun.

   As Hotaru walked quietly to the main deck, the sun was starting to rise. She smiled to herself as the sun hit her skin and the smell of the ocean filled her nose. Hotaru sat on her knees as she began her morning meditation. The slight wind blew her fly-aways around. The sun continued to rise and the girl enjoyed every moment of it. She finished her meditation and decided to get ready for breakfast. Passing Iroh's room, loud snores were heard, making her smile to herself.

   Now in her room, Hotaru changed into a black cropped halter top, tight red pants with a traditional fire nation skirt over them. She put on red sleeves covering her forearm, and long black shoes. Taking down her breathtaking blonde hair from her bun, brushing it til it was silky. She took two pieces of hair from each side of her head, braiding them into a bun. The rest of her hair flowed down and she pulled two pieces out to frame her face. Staring at herself in the mirror, she became increasingly unhappy. Hotaru did not look like the traditional fire bender. She was pale, had golden eyes, blonde almost white hair, and brown/black eyebrows. She had some things in common, but noticeable differences. Hotaru's unique style separated her from nation even more. She loved the look of fire nation clothes and incorporated that into her clothing yet she always leaned towards black. Hotaru grabbed her daggers and hid them in the appropriate places. 'This will have to do' she thought to herself.

   Hotaru walked out of her room and towards the smell of Iroh's infamous tea. The smells of breakfast lead her to Iroh and Zuko sitting in front of eachother. "Goodmorning Hotaru, care for tea?" Iroh asked. "Goodmorning Iroh, Goodmorning Prince Zuko. I would love a cup!" She bowed towards Zuko and sat down with the two. Zuko and Iroh ate in silence as Hotaru sipped her tea. She couldn't help but stare at the banished prince. As long as she knew and travelled with the boy, she could never take her eyes off his scars. As bad as it sounded, it fit him, but she knew he hated it. She remembered when he didn't have the scar, they lived together in the palace and were actually friends. Zuko changed since then, he lost himself which saddened her. "Do you ever eat" Zuko spat at Hotaru. Iroh hit Zuko's arm, "Thats no way to speak to a lady." The Prince instantly turned red, "I didn't mean it in a bad way, I just never see you eat breakfast. Won't you get weak?" Iroh shook his head and smiled at Hotaru. Hotaru raised her eyebrows at Zuko's apparent concern, "I use the morning to meditate, tea will do. I am perfectly fine." Zuko rolled his eyes, "What is with you both and meditation." Iroh and Hotaru laughed as Zuko stormed away.